I hit a tree and need some advice!

If you know someone or if there is a welding shop near you they can tig weld that aluminum tab back on much cheaper than you can buy the entire mounting bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I was kind of nervous about repairing my drone myself after I crash it, but it was easier than I thought. The gimbal/camera is easy to replace. The shell takes some time but not as hard. Give it a try parts are not that expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You are so lucky. That is a very cheap fix. My camera has cost me a couple of times that were a lot more expensive than that. Ebay should have the part for less than $10.

I crashed into a tree and my gimbal arm broke. Where would I get my drone repaired?View attachment 74193 View attachment 74194
I have two pieces of advice. 1) Consider personal property insurance which has a zero deductible, it's full replacement value and covers loss and crashes etc. I have mine from State Farm. I'm in Connecticut. If they initially tell you that they don't insure drones, either tell them to check with their HQ, because they DO; or email my own State Farm agent for help: [email protected]. Advice # 2): Beware of trees.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 3rdof5

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT