I hit a tree and need some advice!

Reaction score
I crashed into a tree and my gimbal arm broke. Where would I get my drone repaired?
20170122_142430.jpg
20170122_142426.jpg

Attachments

• 20170122_142412.jpg
    20170122_142412.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 599
You can find some repair shops here.

Reactions: Falcon900
That's a simple fix and the part is only around $10 (don't ask me how I know). Just double check the cables for damage. The biggest problem you'll have is that the stews holding the base to the shell are torx and you might have to buy a set (I just bought a set for less than $10 at lowes). And I would suggest getting another set of isolation mounts ( the white rubber things between the two parts of the bracket). And the general consensus is that you only need 2 of the anti-drop pins on opposite corners. These birds are amazingly resilient and you could get lucky. Get the new bracket and if there is no other visible damage (look for bend parts on the gimbal), fire it up and check it out.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I did the same thing today. I took the gimbal mounting plate off and glued the corners back on. All eight of the ribbon cord pins got ripped out of the connector so they needed to be relocated. You only need 2 of the clear gimbal clips. I see you used all four which could be a problem if you don't have 2 spares, but if you still have two opposed corners that don't need glue than clip those two with new clear pins. Slap it back together and fly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You can see my wreck in the video above. Battery got partially ejected so power got cut immediately.

TalonJ after looking at youtube I can fix all my issues for about 75 dollars(shell also is bent in) which is good, but man were you doing a speed test you were going like 30 mph in the video. I was unlucky and I used the litchi app with tracking to track my brothere running and he ran towards a tree and the drone flew right into it falling upside down into mud.

I was messing around with the course lock feature and the phantom is going in reverse with the camera facing backwards. I pulled back to slow it and it just went back faster lol! Making it through the gate was the end of the good luck! The copter was going a lot faster than my brain that's for sure

Reactions: maxam67
Just get your tools or and start fixing, part of this hobby is repairs and improvements, you need to learn how to fix them.

Sent from my P01Z using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just fix it yourself, the damage suprisingly doesn't look that bad, what happened when you try to power it up? You may need a ribbon cable or two, the gimbal mount, and possibly a gimbal depending on how bad it is... Other than that just turn it on and make sure everything internally is ok...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lasernerd
Just fix it yourself, the damage suprisingly doesn't look that bad, what happened when you try to power it up? You may need a ribbon cable or two, the gimbal mount, and possibly a gimbal depending on how bad it is... Other than that just turn it on and make sure everything internally is ok...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything turns on and the gimbal seems functional so I say I got off on a good note

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Lasernerd
First clean all that mud, dirt and tree grime off. Then inspect it for cracks from collision or stress. Just to fix the gimbal is easy by purchasing the bracket

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Falcon900
Cloud city drones in Warwick, RI

15 minutes from my house... got my P3P there... good people... funny part is: it's a brick-and-mortar drone shop, and they are literally 1/2 mile from RI's major airport... lol...

I crashed into a tree and my gimbal arm broke. Where would I get my drone repaired?View attachment 74193 View attachment 74194
There is a guy on here who sells a repair kit. If I were to crash mine like that I would definitely look at what he has to offer. Here is a link to what he has to offer. You can also buy replacement shells for your drone at various places online such as ebay.

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/dji-phantom-3-gimbal-repair-kit.48182

Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan