I have an indoor project to do ... got any tips?

Reaction score
So I have owned a Phantom 2 v2.0 for two years now. I am a very experience flier with this machine outdoors using the typical GPS controls. Knock on wood, but I have yet to ever have a crash and that includes flying through wooded areas on walk paths.

My employer has requested that I use my P2 to fly indoors through a giant 3 acre building that we built. It is an indoor fish farm here in the mid-west. It is wide open other than column spacing every 50' or so. The kicker is that all the flying is over top of back to back to back 20' diameter fish tanks. So a crash means the quad is at the bottom of a tank swimming with rainbow trout. Now my employer has said that in the event of a crash, they will replace all of my equipment (trust me I will be upgrading if this is the case), but still I do not want to crash and drown the unit.

I am really only looking to do some side ways panning shots and maybe some forward and back panning over the tanks. No elevation changes. I am hoping to set my hover elevation in a walk isle and then only fly laterally out and back to me.

This weekend I plan on test flying in our open warehouse as I have never flown indoors.

My thoughts are to install my prop guards first of all (I haven't used them in almost 2 years). Then fly in ATTI mode. I probably should go into the software and disable return to home too.

Any other settings advice? Things to watch for? Am I off my rocker crazy?!?!

Practice and be wary of drafts.
No need to worry about licensing (107) if flying indoors either!!!!!

tell your boss to buy you a phantom 4 pro so you can have better indoor stability, use tripod mode so you will have obstacle avoidance on the front, back, and both sides. make sure you turn off the ultrasonic senesors on the bottom as they are affected when you fly over water. make sure you set hover in place on signal loss instead of RTH and maybe use some prop guards as well. Tell him that if he buys you the P4P you will be his droney for life whenever he needs drone footage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl