i feel the need, the need for (more) speed

Reaction score
i've managed to get 43.3mph out of Phantom 2, but i really want to crack 50mph. How can i do it?

its a Phantom 2 v1 & have been using the DJI carbon 9443's

Monte55 said:
why not? Plus i've got a project coming up soon in which i'm filming my mate in his race car, be nice to keep up with him as much as i can

p fandango said:
i've managed to get 43.3mph out of Phantom 2, but i really want to crack 50mph. How can i do it?
Fly downwind.
Start at a higher altitude and descend as you make the run.
Fly in manual mode.

SteveMann said:
p fandango said:
Fly downwind.
Start at a higher altitude and descend as you make the run.
Fly in manual mode.
tried descending while full speed today but didn't make any difference, only got 43.1mph when i got 43.3mph yesterday just on a run. I've had it in atti for the speed runs

SteveMann said:
p fandango said:
Fly in manual mode.

+1

TeamYankee said:
More speed requires more "tilt" - manual mode is the way to go, but you will more than likely wreck your P2 in the process.
i don't need the extra 7mph that much lol, but thought someone might have some ideas to get more speed safely

Downgrade your firmware to 1.08. I've been on 1.08 specifically for the speed. All the firmware updates after 1.08 limited the max tilt angle which limits speed. If use Ground a Station, it won't work with 1.08, but that's a trade-off I don't mind.

Diesel31 said:
Downgrade your firmware to 1.08. I've been on 1.08 specifically for the speed. All the firmware updates after 1.08 limited the max tilt angle which limits speed. If use Ground a Station, it won't work with 1.08, but that's a trade-off I don't mind.
i've got a non-vision so no i don't use a ground station. Any idea where i can get a copy of 1.08, i assume its not available via the dji site anymore

try searching the forum for gunslinger, i think. he had it available for download somewhere. also try searching in the Phantom 2 forum using "1.08" as your criteria. i'm pretty sure there are other sources on the web that have it stored. i have 1.08 on my wife's laptop (i'm an apple guy and 1.08 was made for apple). i can try to get a copy for you this evening if you have no luck finding it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl