I didn't know Dashware was free

Looks like they got bought out by GoPro. I bet they are going to abandon dashware to make software for GoPro stuff exclusively.

its been free & owned by GoPro for some time now. I wonder if more will happen with it following Mr Woodman's talk of GoPro's future being software more than hardware

its been free & owned by GoPro for some time now. I wonder if more will happen with it following Mr Woodman's talk of GoPro's future being software more than hardware
This is off topic, but I have to say Nick Woodman is a terrible CEO, he is in way over his head. He's slowly destroying GoPro because he dreams of becoming this Google-size company. Their product cycle was way too fast, they keep coming up with new models many of which are cheaper versions of their flagship camera. They've cannibalized their own sales, spreading out the market and wasting engineering resources on cameras that actually hurt their bottom line. They still own the market for tiny action cams, but they make no money on it. He keeps promising more new products, including drones. Does he really think that GoPro can catch up to companies who've been in the market for years, only working on drones?

This is off topic, but I have to say Nick Woodman is a terrible CEO, he is in way over his head. He's slowly destroying GoPro because he dreams of becoming this Google-size company. Their product cycle was way too fast, they keep coming up with new models many of which are cheaper versions of their flagship camera.
I have to disagree, both the Session & Hero 4 are old camera's now. They've let the (cheap, chinese) competition catch up by not releasing a new camera every year

They've cannibalized their own sales, spreading out the market and wasting engineering resources on cameras that actually hurt their bottom line. They still own the market for tiny action cams, but they make no money on it.
again, i have to disagree. The budget Hero range was a flop, who actually bought one thinking they were getting a bargain camera?

He keeps promising more new products, including drones. Does he really think that GoPro can catch up to companies who've been in the market for years, only working on drones?
now i do agree with you here. Trying to take on DJI with the Karma, just because you had a lovers tiff was just stupid. I still wouldn't be surprised if Karma never makes it to sale

overpricing the Session when it first launched. Trying to compete with DJI. No new flagship model for 2/3years. No UK stock for smaller authorised dealers. Its not looking good for GoPro

The original creator of Dashware became a Gopro employee. Soon after the software became written as Gopro. Unfortunately there has been little if any improvements to dashware areas which have been lacking for a long time now.

It can easily take 3+ hours from start to finish with 5 minute video downloaded on YouTube. And because of this, it reduces the number of users who choose the time to create new gauges. Roughly 98% will ask others for their gauges. I'll admit I did the same thing until I read someone's post similar to this one. Since then I have made some of my own as it can be rewarding once you get them tweaked out to the way you want them.

Btw, in my opinion, the dashware software may not exist right not had it not been for @Fdnyfish, @Luap, and myself. Even years back when the original creator was involved online with dashware, @Fdnyfish was a major part of the foundation. I know the hours I have in with just using dashware but I couldn't imagine the amount of hours @Fdnyfish has put into to dashware. Even more so his time invested came about with little to no support from others. If anyone deserves any credit when it comes to dashware it's @Fdnyfish (Frank D'Amato).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl