I broke my tablet - starting again - which version of DJI Go to choose?

Reaction score
During the early months of owning a Phantom 3 Advanced I was plagued with demands to update everything, I suffered numerous problems updating, and I lost some lovely photo opportunities because everything was busy updating. I therefore stopped using my phone as a control device and instead used a dedicated tablet with a stable version of DJI Go, no SIM card, and WiFi connection disabled. This meant I did not have Google maps but since I always fly within 400m and line-of-sight that really did not matter.

Last week I broke my tablet.

I don't know what version of DJI Go I was running, and believe me that tablet is really broken so I can't ask it. But I think it may have been 3.1.3

Advice please. Which version of DJI Go would be a good choice to download and install on my replacement tablet?

And since I'm here, any suggestions for which tablet to buy as a replacement? Having swapped from a phone to a tablet I wouldn't go back to the small screen on a phone.

Thanks!

I've been using an ASUS ZenPad 8 with 3.1.10 which is the latest. So far, so good but I don't fly as often as others and I have been testing Litchi with no issues. I'm reading about Samsung products crashing since this last update. S7, S8 don't seem to like it much.

Galaxy Tab S3 9.7", great tablet but expensive, 12-15 hours of battery life, no heating in hot weather over 100f, 4k video, bright display that I use without a shade in direct sun.

Thanks Bakersfield - do you have a favourite version of DJI Go?

EDIT
Re. Samsung, I just read this on the DJI forum: Samsung is always adding to the OS and messing with it almost weekly. One week it works, next it refuses to connect.
I'm afraid that was my experience too when I was trying to control my P3A from a Samsung phone. After months of ownership and very little successful flying I only had success with my drone when I changed to an un-branded tablet which came free with a new data-only contract for my boat's WiFi router. This tablet had no SIM card but it did have GPS and after I disabled WiFi I had several months trouble free flying. And then I broke it. :(
/EDIT

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT