Hunch is *the* man!! Repairs/parts

Reaction score
Hey all. The internet gives us instant and omnipresent access to the very worst side of humanity. Every now and then, you run across someone who goes out of their way to do something selfless and kind, often for a complete stranger. I don't know about you, but when that happens to me, I can't help but appreciate it from the bottom of my soul.

Hunch is one of these people. I'm hesitant to post exact details for fear the dishonest 0.01% who read this may try to take advantage of his kindness, but please believe me when I say that he went far above and beyond to help me out in the most timely of ways. What he did for me, not knowing me from Adam, was absolutely unexpected and allowed me to have what I needed when I needed it. If I ever need parts or repair I'm going straight to him.

So - know that when you're dealing with him, you don't have a thing to fear. There are still good people out there! And we have one (more than one, I'm sure) right here in our midst.

so... what? you posted to say he is a good man? What did he do that was great and selfless? Also, I personally dont think that most people on this website are that dishonest considering they take their time to answer other peoples questions about phantoms but I could be wrong idk
Does he have a website, any kind of contact info or anything? It is a bit strange that you posted raving about how great he is, and do not mention any kind of contact info if he does repairs because you say people might take advantage of him

He exchanged my undamaged P3A gimbal/camera for a brandy-new P3P gimbal/camera. Which is unbelievable for FPV with goggles! Seriously, the guy is as honest as the day is long.

His shop has a site: www.uavrepairshop.com. If (when) I wreck mine, it's going straight there!

Whoa there Phantomix! Didn't mean to upset you. I don't want to post exactly what he did because it would be easy for someone dishonest to take advantage. And I don't think there are a lot of dishonest people here either; .01% isn't very much!

Hunch is very well regarded here - a quick search will show you that. Plenty of other people have had great dealings with him as well. He's a gentleman of the first order and everyone else here deserves to know it!

its fine, didnt mean to come off as angry
i was just confused why you said he was so great and didnt say what he did or any kind of website link or anything

I luckily have a service contract so if i wreck my phantom, it gets replaced or repaired for free :)
I would check him out if i didnt have it, though

Man, can't blame you for that - even in my short time here (under a month) I've already seen "new members" show up for the sole purpose of talking up one certain vendor. Too bad that stuff happens. Yeah, I thought about a service contract too am still recovering from the cost of getting into this STUPID, EXPENSIVE HOBBY so I'm just flying like an old lady! Worked out OK so far. Which means I'll probably wreck it tomorrow.

Yeah I have had mine almost a year with no problems and I got distracted and clipped a prop and down it came from 15ft. After the wreck it all worked motors,camera,compass etc. Then after switching it to a new body now I get ESC error when I try to fire up the motors but the bird lights are red and green like nothing is wrong.

Thanks for the info. Also bookmarked. A man who likes UAVs and cats can't be all bad.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl