Huge problems after update of firmware

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
This evening it was time for some TLC for my Phantom 4, which also included the new firmware update. Everything went fine until the test flight afterwards.

Suddenly I can't turn of the front LED's anymore, no matter what I do.

The map has just turned into a grey area, with only the options for map type and so on visible.

Before first take off the homepoint was set correctly. But when hitting the button during flight, it started out as it should do, climbed to 30 meters and started moving towards the point for landing but suddenly stopped and descended and landed over 10 meters away from where the homepoint was.

Really need some help here. I get no warnings of any kind and all other systems are working as they should.

Best regards

Olav Staib
QuadroFlix LLC

Please consult last firmware update discussion in this forum and you will see that many people are not happy. Regarding climbed to 30m height restriction, new rule is that you fly with GO app or other compatible app like Litchi - and truly logged to DJI account - . If not craft will run in restricted mode.

PS: once craft booted and unlocked, he will stay like this - until shutdown - so app isn't anymore required for that flight (app is used to check DJI account logon). Note login is persistent but after 6 month or so you might be required to confirm again DJI account logon.

Last edited:
Hi and thank you for your answer. The drone was unlocked and the RTH altitude was set to 30 meters so that worked, just that it landed nearly 10 meters away from the RTH point it recorded. It was also slightly wobbly....

Hi and thank you for your answer. The drone was unlocked and the RTH altitude was set to 30 meters so that worked, just that it landed nearly 10 meters away from the RTH point it recorded. It was also slightly wobbly....
Get your lights off ? On andriod i have to go to find my drone its got on off in there,,same page its got offline maps ,click on nearest map to your area and gives you option to download map,,even do a sensor check,make sure they ok,imu,compass ,etc

It will never land on target it should land within 10 ft if not you still have a problem not bragging i give lessons and I'm in the mountains of Tennessee good place to go down! Try to update again don't work email me and watch hom you listen to star wars guys SORRY BUT TRUE KEEP FLYING SAFE

It will never land on target it should land within 10 ft if not you still have a problem not bragging i give lessons

I'm quite new to flying the Phantom 4 Advanced model (with Go 4 app on iPhone 6s) but my experience of using RTH is the opposite of what you say.

In the 10 times I have used it, the aircraft has landed within 1 foot of the home point, and on the majority of times it has been almost exactly in the same spot as it was for take off.

The software was updated about three weeks ago I don't seem to have any problems with it at all, so far.

Precision Landing feature was added in craft firmware v02.00.0106. You might have different versions nor enabled options.

I have problems also with the new firmware. The video keeps switching off after about 30 seconds. Any answers anyone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing