how you do it?

Reaction score
hi all.

I was wondering, how the heck are you all traveling over 1000 m away with still a video live feed??

sometimes I can't even go around 800 m and then signal is lost .
usually it's between 800 to 1000 m I can go.

but I see so many people going thousands of meters away, how you do it??

Reactions: Vzr1
hi all.

I was wondering, how the heck are you all traveling over 1000 m away with still a video live feed??

sometimes I can't even go around 800 m and then signal is lost .
usually it's between 800 to 1000 m I can go.

but I see so many people going thousands of meters away, how you do it??

Upgraded antenna kits and also a firmware mod such as Icarus or Magic Power........:)

You don't mention what aircraft you are flying. I my semi-residential area here in west central Ohio, I routinely get 2000+ meters with a stock P3A.

There a multitude of factors involved. Location. Environmental conditions. model used. method of control. Equipment used. No day is the same. But Every time I fly I expect 3,000 ft. high/low exellent performance. I use heavy modded antennas and amplifiers. But even stock configure, you should have approx. the same results.

One important factor is how you hold the antenna in relation to the flying "Fun pack". The antennas MUST be 90 degrees AND parallel to each other in relation to the drone.

ANY object, tree, building, hills, power lines will interfere with the signal.

sorry I didn't mention I'm flying a p3a.

yeah I was also thinking about trees and also I think there is a cell phone antenna somewhere in the area that disturbs..

how's that firmware mod about? how u do that?
I tried making wind surfers today haven't try them yet but will later today.

Attachments

• IMG_20170902_160347.jpg
    IMG_20170902_160347.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 255
sorry I didn't mention I'm flying a p3a.

yeah I was also thinking about trees and also I think there is a cell phone antenna somewhere in the area that disturbs..

how's that firmware mod about? how u do that?
I tried making wind surfers today haven't try them yet but will later today.
The antenna orientation is incorrect. Both antennas MUST be parallel to each other.

Also, Each crinkle in that reflector will make reflections in all directions. The foil must be smooth.

Take into consideration all WIFI routers in your area. All will create interference. Antennas need to be pointed directly at the drone while they are at 90 degrees to it.

ahh okay hmm well thanks for the tips and all. I'm going to try and find out with the advice you given me. thank you all
☺️

Reactions: Neon Euc
Also buy these
1504368422484.jpg

With my P3A I got just under 3 miles. Could have gone further but was worried about making it back and didn't want to risk the battery getting low.

I did do the 3 miles on top of a hill across fields. But in an urban area where its flat. I could do about half a mile before I lose signal. Its all to do where you fly

Also, in the USA our FCC allows higher power for signal than the CE allows in the EU. I don't know about DJI, but some drone manufacturers have different specs for the US and EU models.

What is the obsession with distance? The law is clear. The drone should be in sight at all times.

What is the obsession with distance? The law is clear. The drone should be in sight at all times.

That's in urban areas where is a lot of people and cars everywhere but in remote places where there is not people or houses or cars... you can take your aircraft to long distance without been a danger to anyone.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez