Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to upgrade to 3.0 and not 3.4

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by TheEngineer, Jun 27, 2014.

1. TheEngineer

Is it possible to upgrade to firmware version 3.0 without getting 3.04? Also, my CentralBoard P330CB is upgraded to 1.0.1.30; Will this work with firmware 3.0?

2. TheEngineer

Bump. Anyone? Is it possible to update to 3.0 and not 3.4?

3. Diesel31

I have one of my birds on 3.0, but I'm not sure how I got it there? It was on 2.0 (IMO the best version) and then it upgraded to 3.0. I was using the 2.0 firmware. I tried to downgrade it to 2.0, but it wouldn't allow me. I kept this on 3.0 because I wanted the Ground Station support.

When 3.04 came out, I upgraded my main bird, then later found the speed limitation to be unacceptable. I downgraded to 1.08, then tried to upgrade to 2.0, but it would not work. It would only allow me to upgrade to 3.04. Since I don't use GS on this bird, I've downgraded to 1.08. The 2.0 was the update to use the H3-3D, but it works fine with 1.08

Ideally, I'd like both birds on 2.0. As far as I know, our only choices to move between versions are 1.08 and 3.04. Someone tell me I'm wrong, please?

4. tmc6663

If you go to the website droneslinger.com you'll be able to download whichever update works best for your flying style. I recently switched my Phantom from the most current 3.4 version, back to the 1.08 version. I like being able to descend at any rate, not a pre-determined rate of speed. I'm not sure if this version will work with the ground station app though, I haven't tried it yet. Maybe someone else on the thread can anwser that for all of us.

5. BigTulsa

In order for GS to work I think you have to have at least FW 3.0. 1.08 won't work with it.