How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

The following step I assume the position of firmware 1.6.8 and have never upgraded to 1.7.XX

1. AC downgrade to 1.5.7
2. Install DJI GO v2.7.0 (I have this apk on drive)
3. Run DJI GO with an active internet connection
4. Turn ON RC and AC
5. Connect phone wifi to RC
6. Wait for notification Update to 1.6.8 and run the update process.
I will try. Thanks

Sent from my D6503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The following step I assume the position of firmware 1.6.8 and have never upgraded to 1.7.XX

1. AC downgrade to 1.5.7
2. Install DJI GO v2.7.0 (I have this apk on drive)
3. Run DJI GO with an active internet connection
4. Turn ON RC and AC
5. Connect phone wifi to RC
6. Wait for notification Update to 1.6.8 and run the update process.
I cannot downgrade the firmware

Sent from my D6503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

What in the world? Im fairly tech savvy but all this is starting to give me dejavu, My p34k only has a micro usb so I bought an adapter but still could not connect using dongle wire even after enabling usb debugging. Maybe my device is not compatible. Tried on my samsung tab 3 lite and also my samsung s5 with no luck. Since this threads about firmware ill understand if we need to stay on topic though. Should I do the 1.5.40 update is recommending? If so ill work on it on my day off. I did notice it seemed to lose connectivity about 250 yards away yesterday so I had to walk toward it.

What in the world? Im fairly tech savvy but all this is starting to give me dejavu, My p34k only has a micro usb so I bought an adapter but still could not connect using dongle wire even after enabling usb debugging. Maybe my device is not compatible. Tried on my samsung tab 3 lite and also my samsung s5 with no luck. Since this threads about firmware ill understand if we need to stay on topic though. Should I do the 1.5.40 update is recommending? If so ill work on it on my day off. I did notice it seemed to lose connectivity about 250 yards away yesterday so I had to walk toward it.
I'm using p34k now with the latest firmware update (1.5.4) and mod Magic v5.1.

Yes that's kind of what I was thinking if it's not broke don't fix it I'm really leery about doing the firmware updates when everything seems to be working fine right now I'm more concerned about trying to make my RC controller work with the dongle wire as opposed to the Wi-Fi signal

Warning: I've tried to upgrade to 1.7.9 after notification appears on the DJI GO just want to try Magic v5.1 and now can ensure that the mod Magic no longer works on firmware 1.7.9, included if you downgrade back to 1.6.8

Sent from my MI MAX using PhantomPilots mobile app

Firmware 1.7.84 and above limits FTP access to the /tmp directory only, which is why the patch will not work.

If you have 'root' access then surely you can access the whole file structure??????

True if you have shell access (via telnet), but there must be some config for the FTP daemon that allows DJI to restrict access to /tmp only. Given the mods need to use FTP to enable telnet then that's why they're not working with 1.7.84 and above.

Warning: I've tried to upgrade to 1.7.9 after notification appears on the DJI GO just want to try Magic v5.1 and now can ensure that the mod Magic no longer works on firmware 1.7.9, included if you downgrade back to 1.6.8

Sent from my MI MAX using PhantomPilots mobile app

So... no work arround at all.... anymore..... ???
You did it on your own AC??
DJI really watch on this thread ....

DJI_Block_Magic.jpg

Firmware 1.7.84 and above limits FTP access to the /tmp directory only, which is why the patch will not work.
True, fw 1.7.84 and 1.7.90 limits access to ftp, next week I will try read back this issue.

So... no work arround at all.... anymore..... ???
You did it on your own AC??
DJI really watch on this thread ....

View attachment 68507
No, I have a friend who gave P3S for me to use for testing.

Reactions: sinxa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga