How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

What is the difference between using limit and fixed in this line?

iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700

versus

iw dev wlan0 set txpower fixed 2700

Last edited:
Test ini urban area, 20dbm channel 13 Phantom 3-4K:
d1b1148771eb0294b52756398d142c7a.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh, okay then. , .
But there will be more to ask.
when it automatically boost to 27dBm, is it safe for anyone using argtek / dbs mod?
I've read old post reporting burned wifi tx unit on the RC (or may be both with the quad) when he made it 27dbm permanently while using argtek.
by now i still hold my self trying 27dBm mod, i guess 20dBm is enough for me, at least until now. And i am planning to get argtek for next couple of week. [emoji4]

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app
This mod safe for argtek/dbs mod.
If you use option "RC limit to 20 dbm", then auto boost to 27 dbm will be disabled

Reactions: sinxa
Hey guys!

After modded to "RC only" at 24dBm, channel 13 fixed. I got 2.5km far and RTH active.

But i can't reconnect the video signal or see my drone back after 2mins (RC in red light). I'm ready to say goodbye to my drone. :(

Suddenly i hear the motor sound and found my drone up to my head! But the video signal still can't reconnect! (RC still in red light). I found i can control it and landing immediately. Lucky! :p

25.jpg

Hey guys!

After modded to "RC only" at 24dBm, channel 13 fixed. I got 2.5km far and RTH active.

But i can't reconnect the video signal or see my drone back after 2mins (RC in red light). I'm ready to say goodbye to my drone. :(

Suddenly i hear the motor sound and found my drone up to my head! But the video signal still can't reconnect! (RC still in red light). I found i can control it and landing immediately. Lucky! :p

View attachment 64958
Can you send to me your "watchlog.sh" and "watchlog2.sh"

One strange thing.

When i haven't mod my RC. I turn on my drone and RC. RC turn green light and connect success.

After i modded. I turn on my drone and RC again. RC turn green light first and disconnect with red light. Turn green light again in several seconds. Seems it change to other wifi channel. But i have choose channel 13 fixed already.

Is it normal? Thanks PapaTita again :)

One strange thing.

When i haven't mod my RC. I turn on my drone and RC. RC turn green light and connect success.

After i modded. I turn on my drone and RC again. RC turn green light first and disconnect with red light. Turn green light again in several seconds. Seems it change to other wifi channel. But i have choose channel 13 fixed already.

Is it normal? Thanks PapaTita again :)
Yes this is normal, RC need restart the service to turn to channel 13

Reactions: hayato

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT