How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

@PapaTita: test flight today using the recomended only = it went perfect !

Now can i apply recomended + 20 dbm + channel 13

Or should i go with scan option from 13 to 1 ?

Cheers
Flo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

In this video ( look at the comments) :

a man with 27dbm setup burned his rc apparently . This is the only case of overheat i've read.

I don't know if he uses the process of Papa tita

Just got back too!I had the 27db and scan option and it did not go well Kern.

I will try tomorrow the recommended with 27db as you did,and will report back

Ok so i had pb with fix chanel 13 and u with scan from 13 to 1 ..... Dis you parch both drone and rc or just rc ?

I am still not familiar what the scan channel does:

Set ch 13 option I understand: sets the channel to 13.

But what does Scan ch 1-13 option do?

And what happens by default if nothing chosen?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good question!
I would like to add the question if this is about the connection between drone and rc or rc and phone/tablet

Both of them.
ok maybe Papatita can tell us if their is a bug with the Drone +RC patch with selecting channel 13 or the scan option.

i'm waiting for him to tell me if now that i have patched only the remote if can do safely the channel 13.

personally scan option is not an option as her in France the Chanel 13 is used in 0.01 % of wifi network ;) so fix channel 13 is what i would like.

Flo

Reactions: stavrossid
ok maybe Papatita can tell us if their is a bug with the Drone +RC patch with selecting channel 13 or the scan option.

i'm waiting for him to tell me if now that i have patched only the remote if can do safely the channel 13.

personally scan option is not an option as her in France the Chanel 13 is used in 0.01 % of wifi network ;) so fix channel 13 is what i would like.

Flo
AS far as I can understand if you scan channels 1 to 13 and channel 13 is the one with least interference it will select channel 13.

Agree with u but looks like the problem appear when u select the rc+ drone mod and one of those chanel option ... Maube i'm wrong

In this video ( look at the comments) :

a man with 27dbm setup burned his rc apparently . This is the only case of overheat i've read.

I don't know if he uses the process of Papa tita
he didn't use my application.
overheat because of this:
Untitled.png

Reactions: stavrossid
@PapaTita: test flight today using the recomended only = it went perfect !

Now can i apply recomended + 20 dbm + channel 13

Or should i go with scan option from 13 to 1 ?

Cheers
Flo

Before using scan channel or channel 13 should be tested first whether the support channel 13, like this:

Reactions: STAINLESS
Before using scan channel or channel 13 should be tested first whether the support channel 13, like this:

Hey papatita why should i chevk support ? Drone and rc shiuld be ok on channel 13 right ?

Or it is more a test to see if my phone or ta let can see it using specific chanels ?

I don't get the reason of the test if j can explain .. Sorry for this dumb request ....

Flo

I think that is because :

16 dbm is for CE 40mw [safe]
20 dbm is for FCC 100mw [safe]
27 dbm is this mod 500mw [ safe or not ? we need to test it ]

if you want to go with FCC power , go on 20 dbm
if you want more , go with 27 dbm

personally ive modified watchlog.sh to have 2400 in settings ( 24 dbm ) 250mw

I think that 24 dbm ( 250mw)
is the best seeting if you don't want to risk your rc too much / if you live in a hot country like me .
Hello Papatita.
Amazing work!
Since I live in a hot country as well, I want to limit the TX Power to 2400. Can you tell us how to do that (to modify the watchlog.sh) in a safe way.
Thank you.

Amazing!!!
So, if I purchased DBS Mod Antenna and intend to mod my Phantom 3 Standard RC - you suggest to limit the RC to 20dbm and the drone 24 dbm (especially in hot countries)?

Did you see any real heating problems with 27 dbm?

Thanks Papa Tita - you are great and your work is really appreciated.

DJIUpdate versi 3.8:
- Tx-Power selection from 20 dBm up to 27 dBm

View attachment 63912
** This may be the last update.
PapaTita, Thaks a lot for the update! I was testing the new version and I have a doubt, if I change the box to scan channel 13 to 1 the text on the right textbox shouldn't change to SCAN="Y" ? in my version it will always display SCAN="N"

edit typing correction

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT