How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

New remote controller setup, itelite + 5.8g amp. Now waiting until the weather gets better to test it..

Could I please see a picture of the back side of your transmitter?

I'm also thinking about "amping" just the 5.8ghz, because my 2.4ghz works great now.

Zamarawa sent me a Magic application that had been wrapped so that it can be run on Mac, this will certainly help who don't have a Windows. Anyone could help test it?

Download: Phantom 3 Firmware - Google Drive

View attachment 74378

Hey I seem to be having a problem on mac unzipped it and downloaded it and getting this error message
373015c3855e6fb89b521c2ff925c8a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Could I please see a picture of the back side of your transmitter?

I'm also thinking about "amping" just the 5.8ghz, because my 2.4ghz works great now.
See attached pic.
The 5.8 ghz amp is together with the battery in an aluminum enclosure.

Attachments

• 20170119_190930.jpg
    20170119_190930.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 412
Good evening guys.

Just wandering how people are getting on with the latest 1.8.10 firmware update and MP 5.3?

I'm currently on 1.7.9, MP 5.3 and done the ArgTek mod on my P3S.

Did the update to my P3S bone stock and picked 20/24 and man what a difference on the video. Sent it out today and actually hit the 500M distance limit I had set and forgot about. No loss in video at all.

Ordered a Windsurfer and some ND filters so I will be interested how far I can actually get. (Need to up the distance limit in the App)

BTW

Firmware 1.8.1 App 3.1.2

I just did this to my P3S and if the wind will calm enough to go fly I'll test it out. I'm on the latest firmware BTW and the mod went installed great.

Can someone point me in the direction of a video or post that explains magic power as if they were talking to a toddler? I'm not a complete idiot but videos I've seen show what looks to be someone trying to type in codes to hack the NSA. I guess I'm looking for a what does it do and how to do it in understandable terms. I get that it just boosts video signal.. At least I think I do.. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have just installed the magic power setting it up for 27dbi.
Is there any way to check if it's been installed properly?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I checked it useing telnet.

Connect your mobile device to Phantoms wifi and open telnet. Type iwinfo and it shows your current tx power. I had 14dbm(ce) and now it is 27dbm.

Here is a video made by PapaTita:

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Is telnet an app on the play store?

In a short answer why is ch 13 desirable ? Is this the actual transmit that controls the bird or just the channel for the video feed?

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can anyone tell me if magic power will work with Litchi? I went through all 56 pages and what few post about it was not clear if it does.

Is the Magic Power mod unnecessary in FCC countries? I've searched high and low, including inside this thread, and can't seem to get a decisive answer. It appears to have originated as a way around the CE restrictions on broadcast strength to bring Phantoms in Europe and elsewhere up to level with the North American standard. That being the case does Magic Power offer any advantage to North American Phantoms?

Dave

Hi,
I went through the whole thread but it's a bit confusing.
I don't understand the bit that says change the rc to 20dbm and ac to 27dbm.
I have installed magic power and manually set the dbm to 27.
Is there anything else I should do
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Is the Magic Power mod unnecessary in FCC countries? I've searched high and low, including inside this thread, and can't seem to get a decisive answer. It appears to have originated as a way around the CE restrictions on broadcast strength to bring Phantoms in Europe and elsewhere up to level with the North American standard. That being the case does Magic Power offer any advantage to North American Phantoms?

Dave
It offerta a Little improvement ti FCc too

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart