How to repair broken balance lead connector??

Reaction score
Its hard to see from the pic but this is the balance lead connector that goes from the gimbal and connects to the phantoms battery. The red wire snapped off from the connector. I'm sure this happens all the time because its not a very strong connector and it gets a lot wear from being pulled on and off. Can anyone recommend away to fix it so I can fly again? Preferably I'd like a method that uses parts that I don't have to order or I also don't don't know how to solder or have an iron. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks!

file.php

Attachments

• balancelead.jpg
    balancelead.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 490
The easiest thing to do would be to replace the whole cable from gimbal to battery, it's not an original part on the Phantom so someone clearly added it later anyway.

What gimbal are you using?

I would eliminate the balance plug all together. You can either tap off the spot on the board that the 2 main battery wires connect to. OR you can also just tap off the power for the gimble from the au power lead which is the small red and gray 2 conductor wire that should have the ends cut flush and stuck in to the rubber grommet that the rear antenna sticks out threw the landing gear.

Then you will not have to use the ballace lead for the battery and can use the battery's balance lead in case you ever want to hook up some other accessory such as a battery alarm or a LED lights.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing