How to increase FPS during live stream?

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and would like to thank you in advance for helping out!!

I've got an P4 Pro + and i want to live stream traffic via youtube or facebook for now. I'm flying next to the highway at an distance of about 50 meters.

The problem i get is that the feed is really choppy and i can see that the fps is all over the place.

The people that need to watch the feed want a steady stream, off course!

My remote is connected via an hotspot on my iphone 5s with 4g, the signal is strong.
I film in 720 p and still the transmission is choppy via youtube and facebook.

Is it possible, and if yes, would it help to use lightbridge 2 on the p4 pro + to increase the fps?
Is there another way to get an stable feed?

I've checked my surroundings, there are no things interfering, i'm standing in an empty meadow!

I know its a long post and sorry for my english but i need some help!!!

Kind regards,

UaVnL

You got to isolate the problem first and then try to solve it.

Your system components are:

1. Phantom to RC transmission
2. Transmission rate
3. Reception on tablet
4. Tablet to YouTube streaming with AC streaming on and off
5. Receiving the stream at the destination

Any part could go wrong. Check one by one and ensure it works in the worst case. End to end testing is not good enough if it's a professional job.

You got to isolate the problem first and then try to solve it.

Your system components are:

1. Phantom to RC transmission
2. Transmission rate
3. Reception on tablet
4. Tablet to YouTube streaming with AC streaming on and off
5. Receiving the stream at the destination

Any part could go wrong. Check one by one and ensure it works in the worst case. End to end testing is not good enough if it's a professional job.

Thanks for replying alokbhargava.

I'm testing everything tomorrow, i think it's some setting i've got wrong in the DJI Go app. I will report back after the test!

Kind regards,

UaVnL

Thanks to the wonderfull rain and wind today i could not test, so better luck tomorrow?!

Ok, i've been flying today and had the phantom 4 pro+ video res. set to 720 P @ 24 fps for the youtube live stream. At this setting the live feed on my built-in screen on the reciever looked smooth. The FPS was pretty constant at 25, 30.
Problem solved!!!!......nope!!!!

At the recieving end there was a problem, they saw the youtube live feed at the same steady fps but now grey blocks were blocking the screen at an interval of about every 2 seconds.
So 2 seconds clear then 2 seconds grey bloks at the lower end of their screen but the live feed is smooth. I didn't see the grey blocks on my screen.

I've also tested the live stream on facebook with the exact the same settings and there was no grey, the feed was smooth...

I'm starting to think it has something to do with the youtube app in the integrated screen on my transmitter.
Is there somebody else with the same conclusion?

Kind regards,

UaVnL

I've been flying the last couple of days and experienced multiple crashes of the DJI GO 4 app while using facebook and youtube... this is really annoying!! I think this has also something to do with the bad stream.

Also since i've been flying with the phantom 4 pro+ and livestreaming i've been testing my 4g connection. The upload speed, in some cases, was not very high, 3 mbps max!!!
The other times it was at 25 mbps. This is really a big problem while livestreaming!

Conclusion:
1. My 4g network is not capable of 720 p 24 fps live stream at some places.
2. The youtube and facebook app integrated in the DJI GO app works buggy and crashes while livestreaming.
3. The DJI GO app itself is buggy and crashes while livestreaming.

I'll wait for any update of the DJI GO app to see if that will solve some problems and i will try and find a way to increase my 4g network.

Kind regards,

UaVnL

You could try using RTMP and see if it works better for you but you had have to run your own server and rebroadcast it yourself but this way you would have better control over frame rate and the statistics to know what's going on. It sounds like your either not getting enough bandwidth or there is too much latency. I bet it's compressing pretty good. I use FB live with my P4P on my IPhone 7 Plus with LTE and it never has any delays or hiccups but the video quality is horrible even with full signal with a good location for LTE. It uses this same video for the main display it almost seems like in some cases because I notice the resolution looking really low when I'm broadcasting. It would make sense if it was doing that though.

Hi, a little update on this problem! I've abandoned the P4 pro + remote and bought an standard p4 pro remote. I use it with an Ipad pro and my problems are ....GONE!!! No more choppy image and no more low fps. Even when i have 2 bars of 4g i can stream very smooth and the fps is stable at or around 20 fps!!!
Thanks for all the help and good luck flying and streaming.

Kind regards,

UaVnL

In my drone video only saving in SD only
Mobile storage is available but is not save in my mobile
What to do to save in mobile
Plz sir....

In my drone video only saving in SD only
Mobile storage is available but is not save in my mobile
What to do to save in mobile
Plz sir....
The app can also save a very poor, lo-res copy of the live view including any transmission problems.
You can turn on/off video caching in the app if you do/don't want to fill up your phone with this.
But the SD card is the only place that your video will be saved.

The app can also save a very poor, lo-res copy of the live view including any transmission problems.
You can turn on/off video caching in the app if you do/don't want to fill up your phone with this.
But the SD card is the only place that your video will be saved.

Thanks sir...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl