how to fly indoors

Reaction score
hi can I fly my fc40 indoors with gps or does it have to be atti mode and how hard is to fly indoors what precautions do I need to look out for
thank you for advice

I really depends, some people can get a gps lock such as myself, and others can't. However, you can still fly in atti mode if you're carefull. You also have to consider the space you have to fly in, in smaller areas, the phantom will tend to drift around a bit more, so if you're still new to flying, I'd highly reccomend not attepting indoor flight unless you have a large area to fly in. Other than that, if you do decide to give it a try, just be very careful and make slow movements when you do move and you should be ok.

Monte55 said:
Why would it drift more in a small area? To me, atti flying indoors is like outside in atti on a calm day. No biggie

I think it's more of an issue if you have fairly narrow hallways like I do, because mine would always drift towards the walls like it was being sucked in and would even get a little wobbly from all the prop wash when I tried it. I remember when I did it in my newbie days, it would really freak me out and even caused a couple crashes.

You'll find dust bunnies you never new you had. :lol:

If it's like a little Hubsan, it'll stick to the ceiling. :lol: :lol:

Confined spaces make the prop wash a bit of an issue.

If you video the bird while it's flying, and you crash, you may learn what not to do.

Prop guards will be a good idea if you're going to bounce off the walls. ;)

Have fun

IflyinWY said:
You'll find dust bunnies you never new you had. :lol:

If it's like a little Hubsan, it'll stick to the ceiling. :lol: :lol:

Confined spaces make the prop wash a bit of an issue.

If you video the bird while it's flying, and you crash, you may learn what not to do.

Prop guards will be a good idea if you're going to bounce off the walls. ;)

Have fun

I forgot about the prop guards! :oops: :oops: :oops: I guess those would help out with indoor flights huh? I never used them, so indoor flying for me was like playing operation in a way, only instead of a buzz noise, I got broken picture frames, scratches on the wall, scared animals, and a mad wife.

thanks for advice I work in a food warehouse and I wanted do some videos for our website so and I have never flew indoors before so I will try it out hopefully it should be good

I want to see that video, especially if you run into the ketchup. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor