HOW TO: Fix unstable Phantom 3 remote controller tablet mount

I just installed the Inspire tablet bracket on my P3 controller and now, my 10 inch Galaxy tablet WITH Hoodman sunscreen is rock solid. Best improvement yet-no more wobble

Acutely my issues is not the when its move left and right, the big issue when the tablet layback or slide down , thats wat we need for supports. Some gadget hold the tablet holder it selfs from the back sides,

I just got the mount from Infinity Hobby. Shipping to Texas only took 2 days. It is very well machined and has beautiful gold anodized finish that matches the P3P colors. The mount is very easy to install and it is night and day when compared to the plastic crap from DJI. My iPad Mini is now rock solid when mounted on the remote controller. Thank you to whomever recommended this mount.

I really never had any problem with the stock mount until this winter. The cold really made the tablet flop around even after tightening the pivot screw to the point it could have stripped.

I got the TACO-RC aluminum arm off E-Bay and what a difference! The tablet feels solid and as others have stated, the extra lanyard loop is a treat for balancing the radio. Nice $20.00 upgrade.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey Guys

Metal is the way to go!
I ordered my Stabilizer Bracket from China it was just what I was looking for it has a wide foot on the bottom
and is CNC aluminium the only bad thing is it took like a month and a half to get!

Now they sell them here in the states its a little more money but you get it in a couple of days.;)

Works great and is rock solid...here's the link
FAA Drone Identification Number Decals

I must say this one looks the most solid.. It has a bolt that goes directly into the RC rather then a stock like bolt with only a few threads on the bolt.
The threads was downside of the stock, along with it being plastic.

But question the one in the picture you posted looks different and is black..
Where did you get one like that? Looks power coated.
I wanted white powder coated one.
Might power coat myself. :p

The thumb tightening nut at the top of the mount gets loose and causes the mount to wobble. I took the mount off, put some blue loc tite on the threads and all is fixed.
Hello People, i also wants to contribute on my solution to the mount arm problem, i bought this one thru ebay today, i'm expecting it in 1 or 2 weeks since it comes from china, but looks more stable than other due to the wide base where the adjuster is.
Photo and link below.
New Remote Controller Bracket Holder Support Stand For DJI Phantom 3 Inspire
DJI ARM.jpg

looks more stable than other due to the wide base where the adjuster is
Thanks for sharing! Let us know how you like it once it arrives.

The real problem is that the plastic mount flexes due to the weight of the attached device. The problem can be resolved by replacing it with pretty much any metal mount available. This wider base design is a newer concept, but I don't think it's going to be more stable than the other metal mounts. I'm using the Inspire 1 tablet mount on all of my remote controllers. And, even without the wider base, none of the many tablets I've tried wobble.

The real problem is that the plastic mount flexes due to the weight of the attached device. The problem can be resolved by replacing it with pretty much any metal mount available. This wider base design is a newer concept, but I don't think it's going to be more stable than the other metal mounts. I'm using the Inspire 1 tablet mount on all of my remote controllers. And, even without the wider base, none of the many tablets I've tried wobble.

bought that same one linked. got to me in California in less than a week. I like it a lot. I can load up my iPad Air on it with confidence. and it's well constructed. all screws fit fine with no misalignment or resistance.

I think the effect provided by the wider base design can be obtained simply by using a washer in between the RC body and any metallic replacement design of the plastic tablet holder..

I think the effect provided by the wider base design
It's a nice design, but it's really overkill. All you need to do is replace the plastic bracket with any kind of metal bracket. It's more stable simply for the fact that is does not flex.

View attachment 50719 I agree that metal is better then plastic hands down.
However I would rather have over kill then lose a 500.00 IPad

The wider foot and longer main bolt is what makes the difference.
I have tried the 10.00 metal bracket and saw no difference...it still shakes
why waste money when there's a ultimate replacement, the stability bracket

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but if DJI didn't realize there was a problem why did they change to the inspire bracket for the P4
I don't have unlimited funds if I'm going to get something, why not get the best!

Anyone else agree?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who bought one of these stability brackets!
DJI never admit problems else they will have to replace them but good that they are reading our posts.

Reactions: Rebel Gal
They don't even disclose the full contents of their new firmware updates. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Rebel Gal

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor