How to downgrade RC?

Reaction score
I have big problem with upgrading my bird, after exactly 12:15 min it fails. I have tried at least 40 times and tried all possibles ways but still fail. I have been talking to the support and they talks about an gs_ofdm.bin file, but I can not find that any where, it should be hidden somewhere.I have succesfully updated the RC but now I want to downgrade it. If I put the 1.1.9 FW on a USB stick and put it in the RC nothing happens and I can not find where to do it thrue the app. Can anyone help me please?

It's not possible to downgrade the firmware on the RC using the usual firmware installation process. Per the Phantom release notes, that is coming soon.

Last edited:
But st support told me this to re-upgrade the controller:

The following steps will help you to re-upgrade . 1)Format the USB stick,Put the gs_ofdm.bin file into the USB stick.Make sure the Firmware file is deleted ,otherwise the USB can't recongnize the gs_ofdm.bin file . 2)Turn on the remote controller,put in the USB stick with a gs_ofdm.bin file ,wait about 20 seconds,the remote controller will upgrade automatically. When the light of the remote controller turned green and the beep stops,you can turn off the remote controller and restart it.This process may take about 20-30 minutes,please wait patiently. 3) Delete the gs_ofdm.bin file ,and put the Firmware file into the usb stick ,and then upgrade again.

But I can not find the gs_ofdm.bin file. The Support says it is hidden but I can not find it.

What version of the FW is on there now? And why exactly do you want the 1.1.9 FW on the controller?

Okey, so I don´t need to re-upgrade the RC. But I will try to use gs_ofdm.bin file on the bird to see if that works on it.

It is OK to have the latest firmware on RC but 1.1.9 on the P3 (I have!)
Mine had 1.3.2 on the controller and 1.1.9 on the Phantom and it was disconnected in about 5 seconds every time I booted up everything to fly. Installed 1.3.2 on the Phantom and now I can connect and it will hold the connection. In my case it was a necessity.

For me it have been working to fly with 1.3.2 on the RC and 1.1.9 on the bird, but I have tried to upgrade the bird but it always fail. After 12:15min the gimball turn red and I get a constant beep.

For me it have been working to fly with 1.3.2 on the RC and 1.1.9 on the bird, but I have tried to upgrade the bird but it always fail. After 12:15min the gimball turn red and I get a constant beep.
The bin file has to be in the root directory-- I made that mistake on the first upgrade way back when. Make sure there is nothing on the card except the bin file.

Yes, I put the .bin file in the root directory after I have formated the SD card. I have downloaded the bin file for at least 8 times, I have unzipped it both on the SD card and the computer but nothing helps. The upgrade starts and seems to working fine in 12 minutes and 15 seconds then it fails. If I check in the DJI Go app what version on FW I have it says unknown. If I try with the 1.1.9 FW it says that I have I newer or the same FW in the bird. When I put the gs_ofdm.bin file on the SD card and put it in the bird nothing happened. It looks like I have to send it to the support and I have not owned it for a month yet.

I have tried to have it off and I have tried to have it on then I start the upgrade, it still fails after 12 minutes and 15 seconds.

I have tried to have it off and I have tried to have it on then I start the upgrade, it still fails after 12 minutes and 15 seconds.
Looking at your posts, I didn't see it-- have you tried another SD Card?? There have been instances recorded in this forums where SD cards have been the issue.

Yes I have tried another SD card but old ones so I don´t know if they are quick enough. Most have I used the SD card that was included with the P3P, do you think I need a better than that?

Maybe the file on the SD card is corrupted, did you tried to download it again?

Yes I have tried several of times to download the FW on mini-Mac, MacBook air, a laptop and a stationary PC. Unzipp the fil on the computer and then transfer the file and unzipp the fil direct on the SD card. I have used memorycard reader and connect the bird direct to the computer. But every time it fails at the same time.

Rille, did you have any luck downgrading with gs_ofdm.bin?

I never tried to downgrade the RC. The real problem I have is to upgrade the bird and the gs_ofdm.bin file didn´t do any difference on the bird. Nothing happened when I put the gs_ofdm.bin file to the SD card and start the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl