How Old are you and what Phantom Do you have?

Be 52 in November, 35 years of RC exp. Quads, Planes, Helicopters, Cars and Trucks. Nitro and electric use P3S and P3 4K

64 & just swapped a BNIB Para Ordnance 1911 (cost me $530) for a Phantom 3 Standard with Samsung tablet, range extender, aluminum case, & an upgraded tablet holder.

Months ago somebody was keeping a tally on the median age and total number of various models’ totals. A monumental task at this point, but I wish somebody would undertake the task. It seems certain it would reveal a very different typical flier than the public thinks, one that might go a long ways towards calming the body politic. Then the new national dji users association could use it to educate state, local and federal officeholders that when they seek to enact unduly restrictive laws and regulations they’re not just messing with some powerless outlaws on the fringe of society, they’re messing with a sizable block of quite adult, and now quite pissed-off voters.

Oh, and my status has changed, sold the P3A to my son for cheap, getting a Mavic for my 74th birthday. [emoji41]

Yes, I know that, as far as I know, there is no national association. But maybe, just maybe, I can spur some readers to begin the discussion towards forming one. It is way past time. Whether it exists independent of or as a subset of the AMA, we have needs not shared by most fixed-wing fliers.

68. I've already posted but wanted to comment on my surprise at the number of seniors in this sample. The average has got to be in the 60ies. Interesting. Wonder why this is the case. Maybe us older dudes have more time on our hands?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor