How many sunhans 5.8ghz required?

Reaction score
info required for Phantom 3 standard

Actully I'm looking for some one to help about sunhans boosters? the question is how many sunhans boosters i need for video feed, as it have two different connections on the remote, does i need two booster of 5.8ghz?

In fact .....

You can have one 2.4Ghz booster for your Video and Telemetry feed until you get to extreme distance where its best to have two. Of course this means modifying the Controller because the 2.4Ghz antenna are fitted inside that case.

For the 5.8Ghz - only one is necessary because 5.8 is the single stick antenna on the outside of the case. But again needs modification because this antenna is not screwed on like most others.

My booster setup is total less than $100 including the Argtek system, LiFe 6.6V battery, 5V BEC for 2.4Ghz booster, 5.8Ghz booster and adaptors.

This setup has pushed my range out to over 4500m .... but I need to now add another 2.4Ghz booster making both wifi antenna boosted, as the video is suffering losses at such extreme range.

nigel

Reactions: ranajee82
Like Nigel said, to answer your question directly, only one "required" per side. One for 2.4 GHz (video) and one for 5.8 GHz (control). You will also need some kind of antenna mod to your RC. You can go with three amps if you have the $ and want maximum distance. My setup with a DBS, max to date over 7000 meters.

Reactions: ranajee82
In fact .....

You can have one 2.4Ghz booster for your Video and Telemetry feed until you get to extreme distance where its best to have two. Of course this means modifying the Controller because the 2.4Ghz antenna are fitted inside that case.

For the 5.8Ghz - only one is necessary because 5.8 is the single stick antenna on the outside of the case. But again needs modification because this antenna is not screwed on like most others.

My booster setup is total less than $100 including the Argtek system, LiFe 6.6V battery, 5V BEC for 2.4Ghz booster, 5.8Ghz booster and adaptors.

This setup has pushed my range out to over 4500m .... but I need to now add another 2.4Ghz booster making both wifi antenna boosted, as the video is suffering losses at such extreme range.

nigel

Hi,
I have a question: power on RC first or booster first?

I used to do RC first .... but technically it is better to do booster first as RF boards do not like NOT having antenna to feed to ...

The power output of the RC board though is low enough to not come to harm when RC first.

Nigel

Last edited:
No they should not have problem ....

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl