how many flights with P2V+ & no problems

Reaction score
I think it might be a good idea to see how many flights we have had without any problems. Then try to see if there is a common time frame when we start to see a problem occur. Or if some of us have never had a problem and what the people with no problems have been doing to stay problem free. All of the problem or problem free should be judged with stock, no extra parts or software. It might be interesting to see how the P2V+ is doing? Maybe just put how many flights, problem or problem free.

i was thinking about this same idea.

but a moderator would have to make out a fillable form so people get "just the facts" some posters ramble too much. and, this post would be ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAD NO (ie NONE) P2V+ PROBLEMS. people with problems DONT POST HERE.

the reason for this is maybe we can figure out when DJI, who like any manufacturer doesnt want to admit that they have problems in production, finally got their "stuff" together and fixed the problem at hand.

case in point: there was a long post about many losing FPV on their phones after 2 minutes. the fixes went all the way from firmware downgrades to possible overheating parts/components. pilots were putting them in the refrigerator to get 15 min flight times. what happened to these affected serial numbered phantoms?

likely: DJI like anyone else farms their components out to MANY ELECTRICAL MANF'S WITHIN CHINA to keep the prices low and the production high. if one of these manf's makes a defective part and the temp level of the part goes too high and triggers FPV blockage, how would they know? by angry telephone calls. lots of them. within a month, they can identify the affected serial numbers and contact that supplier to resolve the issues. or cut that supplier out. so: they fix their problem but would never tell you or i that there WAS a problem (usually)

this is how such a "sticky post" moderated by the website bosses would benefit us all: if all the people who bought theirs "last may in 2014" like you did, and your serial number is close, and they had problem X, then you might have a heads up which you could then apply leverage to the seller for an exchange. you would now have info. which gives you leverage.

in the template, open for review/edits, things like (example):

date bought: june 25 2014
from whom: direct china shipment
ser # xxxxxxx
numbers hours flown: 2.4
firmwares upgrade history: stayed with current updates after initial powerup
mods added: nothing for the 1 month trial, then a stage 1 upgrade for FPV(date), then a stage 2 upgrade to add TX distance (date)
comments section: this would have character max limit

i was once a VW diesel owner. at one point, there was a defective high pressure fuel pump. that pump was made by bosch who is no slouch in quality control. during a 2 year period, pumps were failing and causing catastrophic engine damage to tune of $10K. a data only blog was started with owners logging their data and experience with VW service. initially, in the first cases, VW said this was a misfuel, someone put gas in the tank! after 1.5 years of data collecting (by the blog), VW finally admitted they had a manufacturing problem and fixed it.

maybe we can do this here. data is power. but it has to be moderated.

any other with more data field entries pls chime in?

I have only flown 35 times with my 3.02 P2V+ but all have been 100% problem free. I have almost 150 flights since December with my 2.00 P2V almost problem free (on one flight, 800 feet away over water, at about 60% battery, it suddenly behaved as if it had reached 15% battery, that is tried to land. Luckily I figured it out and was able to fly back.) They are amazing machines. I've flown in over 20mph winds, have hit over 69mph in a tailwind, have flown 1.9 miles away, and flew very high once. Both have Flytrex added. P2V+ uses the booster app and P2V has various different repeater antennas.

Seven ~15 minute flights so far. No problems.
No crashes and no hard landings or tip overs either. Switched to Naza mode on the last flight and tested home lock.
One night flight, one in fog and she came back moist.

I keep the Gimbal lock on when not in use. All firmware updated and controller + IMU calibrated.
Everything is stock except I installed the OpenWRT WebUI on the range extender and FC200.

I don't fly fast or hard, and except for one test, I don't use failsafe to land for me.
So far the longest distance flight I've had was ~300 meters out and 60 meters up. I'm gradually working up my confidence in longer ranges and higher altitudes.

I have 3 batteries that have each been thru 20 recycles (then did the run down to 8% and then fully recharge) and then some. So I'll estimate at least 70 flights. Yes I've made stupid mistakes, but the Phantom has been 100% rock solid. I fly over water all the time and don't worry about it. Usually those are my best videos. On my second body shell after my crash from flying in too high of a wind. Still working rock solid. Also replaced a ESC board broken by the crash. Learned a lot about the internals from doing the shell replacement.
Bought 5-1-14
V+ Booster is the only mod.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ghovany/videos

thanks. still waiting for a moderator to chime in here because this kind of post doesn't work without moderator control.

if they dont see a need for it, and, seek to control it, it wont happen.

moderators: NEED A STICKY FOR SUCCESSFUL P2V+ FLIGHTS

if done, we can control DJI quality control

Well over 150 flights since Jan on the P2 V and since May with the P2V + with absolutely no problems at all on any flight. All the upgrades done as soon as they were released.

Re: how many flights with P2V+ & no problems

I'm on the low numbers., 5 flights all without issues.. Well apart from losing GPS signal thinking it's off on its own :)

P2v+ 150 flights, problemfree until a few days ago, when the videofeed is dead. Ordered a new wifi modul and waiting for the pack. I have also the h3-3D phantom2 quad. Only 20 flights and no problems so far.

I'm on #4 quad since Jan 24th.
#1 P2V 36 flights after 1st and only crash. Crash due to 60ft RTH issue and 100ft tree's. Lost due Fly-away.
#2 P2V 8 flights. Returned to dealer due to the famous no video when outside temp reached 75 and above degrees. Problem existed straight out of the box.
#3 vPlus 49 flights. Lost connection turned into Fly-away
#4 vPlus 11 flights awaiting Flytrex Live Tracker (should have it tomorrow!) No More Fly-aways will have can not locate results.

Unlike the majority I like to test out of box and modified applications. My 1st Fly-away was all manufacturer. The 2nd Fly-away was my fault for taking aftermarket app for granted, and also my pure stupidity for not having a GPS Tracker installed.

flyNfrank said:
I'm on #4 quad since Jan 24th.
#1 P2V 36 flights after 1st and only crash. Crash due to 60ft RTH issue and 100ft tree's. Lost due Fly-away.
#2 P2V 8 flights. Returned to dealer due to the famous no video when outside temp reached 75 and above degrees. Problem existed straight out of the box.
#3 vPlus 49 flights. Lost connection turned into Fly-away
#4 vPlus 11 flights awaiting Flytrex Live Tracker (should have it tomorrow!) No More Fly-aways will have can not locate results.

Unlike the majority I like to test out of box and modified applications. My 1st Fly-away was all manufacturer. The 2nd Fly-away was my fault for taking aftermarket app for granted, and also my pure stupidity for not having a GPS Tracker installed.

Geez Frank. Either you are cashed up or totally addicted! :)

Envy your patience and persistence though.

P2V+
Purchased 6-1-14 from Amazon
3 batteries
60+ flights
No prop guards ever
Use iphone 5 with wifi boost app
I fly it hard and have had zero problems. I ensure that the gimbal clamp is installed from the moment I turn it off until I am ready to fire it up. This includes all battery changes.
I've used Naza mode since the first flight. I take off and test my home point with home lock before any long flights. Relied on RTH more than 5 times.

About 70 flights in total between P2V and plus, no problems so far apart from the video drop out due to the app....aircraft fine !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl