How Long Could The DJI Phantom 3 Standard Fly For at 25mph

Reaction score
I want to send my Phantom 3 on an automated flight with Litchi and I am curious as to how long the battery would last at a constant speed of 25 miles per hour.

Anyone have any idea on this?

Thanks!

Assume wind is light.

Since every place (wind/interference etc) is different, i would say why not try it out with dji go app or with litchi normal flight for yourself? And always keep a few minutes spare (extra) on your automated flight or keep tracking it yourself untill you are very sure the mission is possible to complete in time (i for instance never fly missions longer than 15 till 18 minutes with my p4

When you plan your mission it will show the calculated time at the bottom of the mission. I usually leave mine to run between 10-12 mins at 30 kph to cater for any wind or major disconnect issues.
Make sure your altitude settings take into account of any manmade or natural structures.....

@tevek My mission is at 400 feet going 25 mph and the estimated time is 24 minutes. What do you think?
My missions are usually 3-4 klms in length at 120 mtrs altitude, so yours must be a doozy. I suspect that a mission timed for 24 minutes is going to end badly. Maybe look at 16-18 minutes if you are confident of the wind conditions?

@tevek My mission is at 400 feet going 25 mph and the estimated time is 24 minutes. What do you think?

IMHO ... I would not do it.

25mph is using a good power level to maintain. Second you have to factor in WITH and AGAINST wind during the flight. Third 24 minutes is dangerously close to maximum a GOOD battery with careful flight will give....

I do not push my P3 past 20mins ... and in fact prefer to stay in the sub 18min bracket to make sure I can get home.

The difference in power use with only a small change in wind is dramatic.

Don't forget also that P3 automatic action in event battery gets dangerously low is to LAND !! Well before that it will request RTH - but that will not take into account adverse wind etc.

24 minutes ... honestly .. too great a risk.

Nigel

IMHO ... I would not do it.

25mph is using a good power level to maintain. Second you have to factor in WITH and AGAINST wind during the flight. Third 24 minutes is dangerously close to maximum a GOOD battery with careful flight will give....

I do not push my P3 past 20mins ... and in fact prefer to stay in the sub 18min bracket to make sure I can get home.

The difference in power use with only a small change in wind is dramatic.

Don't forget also that P3 automatic action in event battery gets dangerously low is to LAND !! Well before that it will request RTH - but that will not take into account adverse wind etc.

24 minutes ... honestly .. too great a risk.

Nigel

I agree completely. A mission planned for 18 minutes is about all I would plan for, because you need something in reserve for contingencies (e.g.,Litchi cannot account for winds, and probably doesn't fully account for energy needed for altitude changes for example). Smart RTH may be too conservative but it will usually get you home safely if you have been too aggressive in your plan. I've had Smart RTH bail me out on a couple of occasions, but I never cancelled Smart RTH, preferring instead to analyze the results post mission, and then try again later with a better plan for next flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan