How does it work getting a new camera for P2V?

Reaction score
My FC200 camera on my phantom 2 vision broke almost right after i got the drone for a present last Christmas due to update. I have tried everything to save it from the "CMOS ERROR" of death. But nothing has worked so far. I have come to the conclusion i need to replace it :( As we dont have any payment confirmation i cant return it anywhere so i sadly need to spend lots of money to fix it myself.

I want to know how it works when you buy a new camera? Where i should buy it and how the binding will work. Can i like still use the QR code on the box to bind it with new camera inserted?

My dad also got a GoPro hero 3 which he barely use for anything, he said he may could get it. Is it possible to install a zenmouse H3-D3 on a previous phantom 2 vision drone with working fpv if you like buy external fpv equipment to see it at? Have seen people installing a zenmouse by just connecting it to the board of a previous vision and just updated the firmware to work with it. But im wondering how FPV works and how expensive this can be if you allready got the gopro itself because i'm afraid of that FC200 cam malfunction because of updates again or that it will have same fault when i install it or may not work at all when i install it. So i would like to know about other options including using a gopro.

I'm not sure how your camera would "break" because of an update. I would focus on what happened and why you are getting CMOS error. But if you've concluded it needs to be replaced, okay.

Replacing your camera is fairly simple and also fairly cheap nowadays. You can probably find one on eBay for around $150 or so. Nope the QR code on the box won't work. The seller should have the MAC ID, but if he doesn't, there are tricks to finding it so don't worry about it.

I'm not sure how your camera would "break" because of an update. I would focus on what happened and why you are getting CMOS error. But if you've concluded it needs to be replaced, okay.

Replacing your camera is fairly simple and also fairly cheap nowadays. You can probably find one on eBay for around $150 or so. Nope the QR code on the box won't work. The seller should have the MAC ID, but if he doesn't, there are tricks to finding it so don't worry about it.
I didn't find any cheap fc200 units anywhere and found out mounting a gimbal is not that hard. I allready gpt a gopro i have stripped tonthe drone temporary and i have gotten in touch with someone that is going to cheaply sell me a h3-2d gimbal alongside a 2,5 ghz controller alongside a 2,5 ghz receiver for the drone so i can turn it into a usual p2 easily.

Didn't know you were lookin' for one! I'll keep an eye out
I wasn't but for 100 bucks I would have to get one. Last one I got and was a good deal then was 300 .
Never hurts to have a spare eye especially on a Vision . ;)

This isn't a problem anymore. Someone that lives nearby sold me a h3-2d gimbal along with a 2,5 GHz transmitter/controller to turn the phantom fully into a usual phantom 2 that can work with fpv systems using 5,8 GHz. Getting a new FC200 seemed impossible without paying expensive prices (around 300bucks) which is 100 bucks more than i used for the gimbal along with a completely new controller. My next question is how i can connect a fpv system to the drone. What cable do i need to put a fpv transmitter to the board to get the video sent trough the gimbal cable from the mainboard? The zenmouse gimbal works just fine however, how i can connect any fpv transmitter to it is my question now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl