How do I update my imu for the cold and is the firmware update the imu update?

Reaction score
How do I update my imu for the cold I updated my firmware for the cold is that the imu? If not can somebody please help me thank you

I updated last night. I set it out in the cold air on my deck for a while then calibrated it. ;)

@Thenewguy what you did was a firmware update, which is the software that controls your Phantom. In the case of the 1.6.04 update, the firmware also upgrades the smart battery to adjust current draw in cold weather. Please do a google search on phantom 3 firmware updates to gain a better understanding of this entire process. Plenty of YouTube videos out there that can help, too.

The IMU is an unit in the electronics module which collects data on angular velocity and linear acceleration. It is a good measure to do an IMU calibration after a firmware upgrade as well as a gimbal and compass calibration. The IMU calibration should be done while the aircraft is cool (at or below room temperature). Again, a google search on IMU calibration for phantom 3 would yield several tutorial and videos on how to do this right.

Hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl