How Do I Physically Update Firmware on Phantom 4 Pro?

Reaction score
I just got my Phantom 4 Pro--a forced upgrade after my Phantom 3 crashed due to a battery issue.
Anyway, I am trying to figure out how to update firmware on quadcopter and controller.

When I start up the DJI Go app and the Phantom, the screen calls for a firmware update.

Also, they show connecting the mobile device to the USB port of the quadcopter to do updates.
I don't understand where the USB cord ultimately connects to.
Do you run it from the micro USB socket on the controller to the the micro USB socket on the quadcopter?

DJI also has a pdf How to Update Firmware of Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller (it says)
  1. Visit the official DJI website and go to the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ page, download the latest firmware package.
  2. Extract the firmware package, and copy the extracted file (GL300E_RC_xxx.bin) to a Micro SD card.
  3. Insert the Micro SD card into the Micro SD card slot of the Remote Controller.
  4. Power on the Remote Controller, enter System Settings > System Update, click Local Update on the
    top-right corner. The latest firmware will show on Micro SD card. Click Update to start updating.
When they say insert the card in the slo on the Controller, I think they mean the Micro SD slot of the quadcopter, because I don't think the remote controller has a micro slot.
Can someone verify that I would put the Micro SD card into the quadcopter?

Thanks in advance for help with this.
I don't want to "brick" my new Phantom.

When they say insert the card in the slo on the Controller, I think they mean the Micro SD slot of the quadcopter, because I don't think the remote controller has a micro slot.
Those instructions are referring to the P4P+ remote controller (which does have a micro SD card slot). The P4P remote controller must be updated from DJI GO 4.

I just got my Phantom 4 Pro--a forced upgrade after my Phantom 3 crashed due to a battery issue.
Anyway, I am trying to figure out how to update firmware on quadcopter and controller.

When I start up the DJI Go app and the Phantom, the screen calls for a firmware update.

Also, they show connecting the mobile device to the USB port of the quadcopter to do updates.
I don't understand where the USB cord ultimately connects to.
Do you run it from the micro USB socket on the controller to the the micro USB socket on the quadcopter?

DJI also has a pdf How to Update Firmware of Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller (it says)
  1. Visit the official DJI website and go to the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ page, download the latest firmware package.
  2. Extract the firmware package, and copy the extracted file (GL300E_RC_xxx.bin) to a Micro SD card.
  3. Insert the Micro SD card into the Micro SD card slot of the Remote Controller.
  4. Power on the Remote Controller, enter System Settings > System Update, click Local Update on the
    top-right corner. The latest firmware will show on Micro SD card. Click Update to start updating.

Thanks in advance for help with this.
I don't want to "brick" my new Phantom.

Cannot update firmware at all, App states connect your tablet to micro USB of aircraft and click ok. Of course when you do that the App says disconnected, 6 hours of buggering about without success. Why the hell we can't just connect tablet (my case iPad2) to controller and controller to aircraft and update all beats me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart