How do I find out what classification of airspace I am in?

Reaction score
How do I find out what class of airspace I am in, for example A, B, C, D?
I have looked on all the apps like NATS, SkyDemon, etc but cannot find anything.
Cheers

Theirs lots of app’s available for that info. FAA has one also. B4UFly. I use several and since I’m a pilot I always have current sectionals that I always double check on.

Reactions: tunadoctor
If you're in the US, your best bet is to review a sectional chart. Try www.skyvector.com.

I have been fooling around with AirMap all afternoon and cannot figure out what type of airspace I am in. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this on that app?
What is the exact location where you are trying to fly?
City or town or lat/long?

Also, are you flying Part 107 or hobby/recreation?

I am in Attleboro,MA. Flying for hobby/recreation. I am just trying to learn how to use that app for future reference. I’m sure I am in class G airspace.

If you are flying for hobby/recreation, then you really don't need to know what specific type of airspace you are in. You just need to know whether or not you are within 5 miles of an airport, whether or not you are in a restricted area, and whether or not there is a TFR in place where you are flying. If you are flying for hobby/recreation, then you need to notify the airport if you are within the 5 mile radius.

Attleboro appears to be within the 5 mile radius of Falls Pond Seaplane Base. AirNav: 2MA7 - Falls Pond Seaplane Base

Otherwise, yes, it appears to be in Class G airspace. If you tap on the advisories in AirMap, you should see the specifics on the airport. Note that it won't show you the airspace class unless you select Part 107.

If you want to learn more about the specific airspace type that you might be in, check out SkyVector. SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts

If you are flying for hobby/recreation, then you really don't need to know what specific type of airspace you are in. You just need to know whether or not you are within 5 miles of an airport, whether or not you are in a restricted area, and whether or not there is a TFR in place where you are flying. If you are flying for hobby/recreation, then you need to notify the airport if you are within the 5 mile radius.

Attleboro appears to be within the 5 mile radius of Falls Pond Seaplane Base. AirNav: 2MA7 - Falls Pond Seaplane Base

Otherwise, yes, it appears to be in Class G airspace. If you tap on the advisories in AirMap, you should see the specifics on the airport. Note that it won't show you the airspace class unless you select Part 107.

If you want to learn more about the specific airspace type that you might be in, check out SkyVector. SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts

Thanks for the info. I plan on moving up to 107 in the not too distant future so I’m trying to learn as much as I can on my own.

On another note I’m pretty sure that sea plane base is in active. The guy that had the plane got rid of it around 20 years ago.

Reactions: jephoto

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94