How Accurate it auto takeoff and RTH ?

Reaction score
As the title goes, I have found a really good flying area close to my home the problem is that the field is fenced off with barbed wire. I would be taking off from a pathway on this side of the fence then flying over the other. As I'm a beginner let's say there was zero wind and I auto takeoff how much could the craft possibly move left or right ? And again on RTH and auto land would it be accurate enough to avoid the fence and land close to the path set as my home point? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would plan for at least a 20 foot difference -- just in case. From my experience, I found it usually lands within 10 feet of the home point.

wouldn't chance it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

And what would takeoff tolerances be in terms of auto takeoff accuracy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine normally does an RTH within a 20' diameter circle around the Home Point. I don't really use auto-takeoff but when I lift off manually she usually hovers within just 2--3'. You should be right there with the controller in your hand in case manual intervention is required on takeoff or landing.

Last edited:
I use auto take off quite frequently. I find if there is wind it will drift slightly enough that I counter the wind and then its fine. If there is no wind then it just hovers

always use auto take off never have did it manually from the start it works great

Your RTH accuracy is as good as the horizontal positional accuracy spec quoted by DJI. Not good enough to be safe in most curcumstances.

On the occasions i have relied on RTH i have cancelled out as soon as i regained control of the aircraft. I experimented with letting it get close to landing once and was suorised how far of the mark it was, would have dipped the camera in wet sand and salt water if i let it complete.

Auto take off is actally more effort than a csc followed by throttling up and you need to take your eyes iff the aircraft to play with the app.

Why do you need to take off right next to the fence?

I'd try in a more open area five times and see how accurate it is. I read in another thread that the accuracy depends on whether your tablet itself has GPS capability.

My tablet is an old Ipad 4 (not mini) for which I have an extender on the holder. It doesn't have GPS capability and so my RTH radius is more than it would be with a newer tablet or phone, so I have to account for that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl