Horizon FPV Antennas

Hi Will

Having modded up my TX and range extender with your antennas, what advice do you give about the orientation of them whilst flying the aircraft. Would guess the smaller antenna on the TX is omni directional so maybe that would be better pointing straight up ? Just wondered if there was an optimum angle to have them especially out at distance ?

Cheers

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
duneview said:
Hi Will

Received my new dual antenna yesterday.. can't wait to swap all the old pigtails and fit the new antenna

Will keep you informed

Pilot end complete.. with new pigtails!

Thanks, we have a Phantom vision plus on the way and will use it with that for sure.
the new Dual Phantom antenna has been updated to 12 dB with Silver elements on 2.4 GHz and Gold elements on 5.8 GHz
the dual patch cables supplied with the antenna are hi quality silver and gold plated.

This antenna can also be used as a single antenna on 2.4 or 5.8 as normal or in dual mode with the Phantom.

Will

Attachments

• image[3].jpeg
    image[3].jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 365
  • image[2].jpeg
    image[2].jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 390
pyrophantom said:
Hi Will

Having modded up my TX and range extender with your antennas, what advice do you give about the orientation of them whilst flying the aircraft. Would guess the smaller antenna on the TX is omni directional so maybe that would be better pointing straight up ? Just wondered if there was an optimum angle to have them especially out at distance ?

Cheers

Hi there . both antennas are precision helicals in silver and gold , so think of them a you would a torch light beam. Point them both facing forward toward the UAV and follow it the best you can its not to critical , the other antenna on the extender on the second port is just mounted vertical as normal for close in operation , so when the UAV is like 100 meter away it will receive on that antenna even if the main antenna is not pointing at the UAV.

In field test that antenna was tested on a 2.4 FRsky RC system out to 11km, so a very capable antenna.

Will

Hi there

I would like to share with you my new record
However the winds was too strong againest my phantom 2 vision
I flew more than 8600m and when The P2V landed there was still
27% in battery

I can confirm if I increase the altitude I can get more distance
But I was scared from the winds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 417
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 386
714Aberdeen said:
I flew more than 8600m and when The P2V landed there was still
27% in battery

8600m :!: I think you mean more than 3800m

Nice recorded ;)

I may and probably have missed something here, from the photo, how does he fly back or even land on 0% battery which it appears to show ?

FlyingFox said:
I may and probably have missed something here, from the photo, how does he fly back or even land on 0% battery which it appears to show ?

he lost wifi connection. at that point, the screen greys out thus not showing his telemetry.

Hi there

I would like to thank you all for your feedback

I d like to explain points

When you loss the signsl the screen became grey that why battery show 0%

And what I mean about the distance 8600m is going back and forth

I would like to say some things regarding the long distance in my last images

There is many of factories and stores and towers for communacation companies in my area

And I think all this can effect on the signal ,

Also the most important thing is the weather temperature is was 43 in this high temperature the Amp booster never work well

What I want to say it in clear area you can reach easy to five KM with No strong wind

714Aberdeen said:
Hi there

Yep. Have you tried to see what max range you can get (without needing to return). I've managed a bit more than you, at 5700m control range (the wifi didn't make that far, but I had a spotter!). I think you'd beat that if you tried!

gpauk said:
714Aberdeen said:
Hi there

Yep. Have you tried to see what max range you can get (without needing to return). I've managed a bit more than you, at 5700m control range (the wifi didn't make that far, but I had a spotter!). I think you'd beat that if you tried!

This is the best distance I could get with WiFi

I think P2V can reach the distance of 10 to 12 KM it also depends on the wind

Also I think if I increase the altitude more than 350m i can get good signal in wifi mybe between 4500m to 4600m

Just used the FPV booster app ( viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496)on my Vision Plus with the Horizon antennas and the FPV range has gone way out beyond what the stock 5.8 antenna can cope with, so now I think it's time to get your dual band antenna !

BTW I'll start a HORIZON post on the Vision Plus site.

Re: Horizon FPV Antennas RF kit

New product guys.

the Horizon RF amp kit ( 2.4 and 5.8 versions GHz )

these will be for 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 GHz , they will operate off a small 2s-3s lipo.
the kit comes supplied with the power connectors, special patch cables and the lipo

These will fit on the pilot end and the UAV end, so there will be a kit for the Pilot end and the UAV end.
on the UAV you use the special cable we have to feed off the camera and then though the RF Amp to a Horizon silver
SP antenna, this gives around 600mw on 2.4 GHz and 360 deg,

these can also be used on 2.4 GHz rc control to extend the RC control range , the amp is capable of 2 watts and
also has a peramp to lift the received signals. We used these some time ago in a video on our channel and had a FRsky
RC control system operating at over 11km.

here it is fitted to the Dual 2.4 & 5.8 GHz pilot end.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07a2ls44qsq52p2/P1040511.png

look out for them shortly on the store

Will

Geert said:
Nice work Will.

Geert.

For those of you with the power pack ( 5v ) used to keep the extender charged, we have produced an interface lead to enable the rf amp to run off the battery pack. Out shortly on the store.

Will

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka