Horizon FPV Antennas

Re: Horizon FPV Antennas NEW dual compact kit

new compact kit addition to the Phantom range P2V and P2V +

this uses a 12 db 2.4 and a 12 dB 5.8 in a dual band single antenna, supplied with two silver plated patch cables and
also a Silver SP for the second port to allow 360 video when flying close in , so no need to point when in close.

this is the new compact kit. silver elements on 2.4 GHz and Gold ( 24K ) on 5.8 GHz. all silver patch cables.

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... -end-only/

Will
HFPV UK

Horizon FPV Discount code

Hello. So the last of my "1000 subscribers" special videos is now live, and as hinted earlier this evening this last one is an exclusive discount for all viewers at Horizon FPV Antennas web store. There's an even bigger discount available for returning customers! Valid for two weeks, the details and code are in the video on my channel here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5oRkLKprL8

Enjoy! And thanks to Will at Horizon for helping me to give a great thank you to my viewers and subscribers. I'm a satisfied customer myself so if you were thinking about getting something from Horizon, now's a good time. :)

Simon you should post this in contests and giveaways
I got lucky I found it just cause I keep up with the antenna threads
Also I just ordered a couple stickers from mark

Dillinger said:
Aberdeen, at 40 sec there is battery percentage at zero :)
But stock Vision means no cloverleaf antennas attached either? And wich kind of antennas You used, there is new 2,4+5.8 combo, its not that? Below video I could not find anything.

Right now I use only tp link antennas and 1 km is limit, more or less, rc and fpv. Seems height is critical too for long range flight.
Looking for more compact solution for long range.

I struggled to 1 km flyout, but as soon as my p2v crossed 999 meter line it shows "n/a" ...Iphone 5s is for fpv picure.

Nice work, though!

(and wich amp You used?)

He used a dual high db gain antenna setup and Sunhans WiFi amplifier. He was also using the lowest preview quality and flying sideways to maximize range, if he upgraded his Phantom antennas with skew planer or similar antenna he wouldn't have to fly sideways and would probably go further.

The Helical antennas are more compact than the TPLink panel antennas, (especially the big 14 DBI) and will give you more range and consistent signal.

If you don't want NA to show up past 1km you need the newer version of the DJI app. The current one for iOS is .37 and also has a 640x480 30fps option. It is buggy tho and often the video freezes requiring rebooting your Phantom. The android version of the app has been upgraded to fix that but still waiting for the updated iOS app.

yeah, I have to restart phantom itselt quite often...

And compactness is big deal for me, so I am sneeking
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com/phantom-2-vision-new-compact-dual-pilot-end-only/

and also UAV side antennas - as Droneexpert gimbal is arriving at monday. And my goal is turn and take video or pics in any orientation inside 2,5 km, and no special stands and so.

Mainly from sailboat, to recce ports and rocky anchoring areas (nice views are extra bonus)

And:
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcomm...sion-fitted-to-the-uav-2-4-ghz-sp-rc-or-wifi/

there is quite a bit options, and I am not sure what to pick. VTX type depends, is it for V+ or just v?

Also amplifier - there is only way to power it undervoltage, 5 V instead of 6, but it looks everybody has it working. Powerpack is with me, 5V 2 amps, so looks tremendous... new 12 V1 A pack requires special power pack to buy.

mr_3_0_5 said:
Simon you should post this in contests and giveaways
I got lucky I found it just cause I keep up with the antenna threads
Also I just ordered a couple stickers from mark

Well that's for competitions from the site, so didn't want to do that. And this seemed the most relevant thread without appearing spammy, although it is of benefit to all. I don't want to tread on anyone's toes. But you feel free to tell your friends! :)

Dillinger said:
Pull-up - for me this video is private ! Cant see... subscriber and so on, but not!

That's odd. I've double checked and it is public, it also has view and like so some are seeing it. Unsure why it would come up private for you...?

Try watching it on s different device and from the channel page. If still no luck PM me and I'll give you the discount code and the offer that's in the vid.

Now its working for me, ..technical stuff, Ya know.. anyway, I m in the business soon, I was going even without discount, but discount is very welcome :)

Dillinger said:
Also amplifier - there is only way to power it undervoltage, 5 V instead of 6, but it looks everybody has it working. Powerpack is with me, 5V 2 amps, so looks tremendous... new 12 V1 A pack requires special power pack to buy.

Yep the older version 2watt Sunhans amp runs completely fine from 5v 2amp USB. You have a few options if you want to power the newer version which uses 12v. Ravpower has a nice 15000 man portable battery which has both USB and a 9v / 12v output. You can also find on eBay a lipo 12v 1600 man battery people are using for it. Regardless what you choose you'll need an adapter which you can also find on eBay. If you're interested in that stuff I'll give you links.

Hi Geert

Untill the Amp arraive next week

You can use your external battery now when you connect directly with the range extender
While you fly your phantom and you will see diffirant resualt

In the past I think you didnt connect your range extendet with back battery

When the signal became weak you can turn your phantom in it side
To get more distance

I think you will get more than 2200m with the back batttery without Amp
When you fly on it side

Ben, I ordered today old sunhans. Thanks for help!
My considerations are - one accupack for extender (1A output) and for Sunhans (2A output) So no need two different packs...
Having 20 000 mAh pack, hope this helps.

I sent query to horizonantennas today, maybe they have good suggestions what to try. Having 3 km in your bag just waiting is like driving ferrari at 50 km/h - You know You can just move sticks and phantom is behind sight and You have picture whats going on there :)

And need to mention - love You, dudes! For sharing knowledge!

Hi Geert

You are soo happy now with the kit and Amp

Your Altitude was 17m and the distance wa2000m was Amazing

You flew away from the city ??

I can confirm that you can get 4000m very easy with alittle more high

Good luck

Hi gpuak

Im living in kuwait and in summer I will stay in aberdeen every years since 2005

It is good that your from aberdeen

However what about the rules and lows in aberdeen and scotland for using the phantom

Is it legal or un legal

Thank you

714Aberdeen said:
Hi gpuak

Im living in kuwait and in summer I will stay in aberdeen every years since 2005

It is good that your from aberdeen

However what about the rules and lows in aberdeen and scotland for using the phantom

Is it legal or un legal

Thank you

I'm out along Deeside in the country :)
There are no problems flying here, as long as you keep clear of the airport, and generally use common sense.

Maybe we can meet up when you are over!

Hi Will
Received my UAV 2.4 antennas today.. many thanks
Not sure I can fit them both. but will start with one.
I did a flight today.. got to 500m ( without your ant on the vision.. Vision was still good, but lost control.. with the old 5.8 ibcrazy helical.. Will have to wait another week or so for the dual ant that I ordered this morning from your site..
I suspect the U.fl cable is not good as I suspected better control range.. Hoping your dual version solves the problem.
On another point.. I am using a Dronexpert gimbal. and am not in a position to say its not my best investment. The whole frame is sagging.. the dampers have compressed, and the while unit shakes???.. not impressed.
Another issue is the IOS app.. My screen froze and lost all telemetry.. The bird did return home, but hope DJI update the app soon!!
I am also waiting for a delivery of a lens for the camera, and will check all wiring when I got the camera open.. not convinced the pigtail on the 5.8 point is good.
Lots to look forward to!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez