Holy RTH glitch!

Reaction score
Very odd ......no problems with this whatsoever after 28 flights. I'm out over. Mile over the ocean and suddenly loose all video and what seems to be RC contact for a moment. All of a sudden I get the RTH flash up which so far I can understand.....but then it gives me an "ascending " warning screen and this thing climbs from 78 feet to over 250 feet before I hit the RTH button to exit RTH. Bizarre part is that I have the ceiling set to 30m for RTH altitude?!.!? Can there be a bug in the max altitude for RTH?

Any ideas aside from sun flares that can cause this? I'm sure I have logs if anyone thinks it would make a difference but you can clearly see it ascend in the cashed video section of the app. I guess better ascend then DECEND! But still it was a little unnerving........TIA!M. Dave

So to clear things up... What is your ceiling set to? And what is your RTH altitude set to?

yeah what @III% Streve said. Based on your account of what happened it sounds to me like you've got max height and RTH height flipped around.

yeah what @III% Streve said. Based on your account of what happened it sounds to me like you've got max height and RTH height flipped around.
That makes no sense. If max height is 30m then how could it have climbed to 250'?

I had weirdness as well where it seemed like I had set up a CL when it hadn't been setup at all. I was moving forward and the bird was going in the same direction away from me no matter what direction it was pointed. That was apparently some app weirdness so I think this is as well.

That makes no sense. If max height is 30m then how could it have climbed to 250'?

I had weirdness as well where it seemed like I had set up a CL when it hadn't been setup at all. I was moving forward and the bird was going in the same direction away from me no matter what direction it was pointed. That was apparently some app weirdness so I think this is as well.
Perhaps RTH overrides max height? I dunno, never tried, but is certainly feasible until proven otherwise.

Perhaps RTH overrides max height? I dunno, never tried, but is certainly feasible until proven otherwise.
The engineer in my wants to try it.. ;-)

All this talk and no response from the OP.

I was moving forward and the bird was going in the same direction away from me no matter what direction it was pointed. That was apparently some app weirdness so I think this is as well.

There is supposed to be some mode that makes it do this, but Im having a complete brain fart ATM and cant remember what its called or how to get to it.

As stated....my max height is set at 500 meters and the RTH height was set at 30 meters. Got a notification that the craft was ascending and kept climbing until I canceled RTH.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl