high altitude pics

I keep reading mixed info. What is the bottom line answer for a hobbyist? Is it suggested to not fly higher than 400' or DO NOT fly over 400'. We know that there is usually a fine if we get caught speeding or running a red light. I haven't seen anything saying there is a penalty for exceeding 400'.

It's 400 feet max here in the UK...

Legal here in Canada is 300' now, comes up pretty quick too. First started flying, I'd go up, 400' or so, but, you don't realize, until your up there, just how much traffic there is!
Ultralights, Helio's, ****! Much safer at 120-180' ,
I;ve flown when ultra's are in the area & I find it very hard to tell what altitude they are at, in relation to my bird.

Legal here in Canada is 300' now, comes up pretty quick too. First started flying, I'd go up, 400' or so, but, you don't realize, until your up there, just how much traffic there is!
Ultralights, Helio's, ****! Much safer at 120-180' ,
I;ve flown when ultra's are in the area & I find it very hard to tell what altitude they are at, in relation to my bird.

Then I have done something wrong I thought it was 400'

org_74e7f85ab9d05bd8_1478956461000-01.jpeg
was around 250M up, birds eye of a waterfall in Iceland

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Then I have done something wrong I thought it was 400'
To stop the anxiety meltdown :) despite the somewhat (IMHO) unwarranted and incorrect criticism previously, I believe you are in Canada, so yes, your current altitude limit seems to be 90 metres, not 100 - so that's about 300 feet, or a few feet less, be be totally pedantic...

Thank God I live in the back-of-beyond, where there are (currently) no drone regulations, except those, perhaps, of common sense ;)

Wow! Such beautiful and vibrant blues. Any lens filters in place?
Thanks! :) No lens filter used, but I did a little lightening of the photo digitally on my iPad. The blue is only a little lighter than what it actually looked like in the original pic. I just purchased some Polar Pro Lens Filters that I'm very excited about trying out though!

[QUOTE="I believe you are in Canada, so yes, your current altitude limit seems to be 90 metres, not 100 - so that's about 300 feet, or a few feet less, be be totally pedantic...

Thank God I live in the back-of-beyond, where there are (currently) no drone regulations, except those, perhaps, of common sense ;)[/QUOTE]

Eh, Canada is taking care abUt their immigrants, have you ever seen Doctor with Masters Degree sweeping the floor )) I am so happy that I live in a country where cops ask to take picture with my drone, not to blame me for some altitude restrictions. They do not know that thing. They know only - "You can not fly here" and "May I take a picture with your bird". Others are interested only in weight that it can lift.

Please do not fly above 400 feet relative to ground. Unless u don't care about bring down a small prop plane or crashing into the Seattle space needle! People that are so reckless is why drones are being restricted more and more.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: MKAL
Just to clarify guys as I can see it is a hot topic above and I know I mentioned it. I was not criticising: and, Tom, I know your images are around 400ft or below too. I just put comments up "for information only" as I have myself encountered challenges even when flying well within our aviation authority limits, that I might not be and then needing to prove it in the flight logs (to a cop!). That is all it was: please do not think I was making a personal criticism, as I wasn't anyway. Enjoy your droning, of course... I just think it is worth mentioning the rules sometimes just so as we can all carry on enjoying it whilst the 'powers that be' debate currently what extra restrictions they might want to slap on us all ;)

I am not getting clear crisp pictures with my P3p and do not know if it is in my settings or if I have a problem with the camera itself.
I use a ND8 on bright days. Can someone direct me to the best basic settings somewhere. I have read many different ideas as to how to set the camera up but cannot seem to get decent pics:(

.........High Point Mountain NYS with Ashokan reservoir

Attachments

• ReservourEdited.jpg
    ReservourEdited.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 314
Reactions: Jessepinkman
You guys are posting some AWESOME Pics love them!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT