high altitude pics

Mdina 10_11_15.JPG
Mdina 10_11_15.JPG

Mdina, Malta from 120m

Felix Baumgartner is the coolest cucumber on earth, or in space, to have the guts to jump out of a 'drone' at that altitude

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: len750
This is just a screenshot from my unedited video. It was made 9560 feet high but in fact I was flying it from a mountain hut which can be seen on this screenshot 1320 feet below the drone position.

Capture.JPG

And here I was flying 1476 feet above the take off location. I usually do that when flying in the mountains. But I never fly over 1476 feet.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
You don't really have to go high to get great pictures. The attached picture was taken of the last super moon at only 200 feet.

Attachments

• DJI_0003.JPG
    DJI_0003.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 395
Reactions: DR.B and cfd701
1200ft on dartmoor, the highest I have been but won't be doing it again as I don't see the point because I can get these images from google earth. I much prefer to be between 200-300ft as it makes for better video.
Fernworthy.jpg

I keep reading mixed info. What is the bottom line answer for a hobbyist? Is it suggested to not fly higher than 400' or DO NOT fly over 400'. We know that there is usually a fine if we get caught speeding or running a red light. I haven't seen anything saying there is a penalty for exceeding 400'.

Reactions: cfd701 and antnyp85

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka