Hi Everybody!

Reaction score
Hey guys, been lurking around for a bit.. guess it time to introduce myself. I'm from Orange County California, and my obsession started with a phantom 1 FC40 that I had bought off my cousin for a couple hundred bucks. I flew that bird only 1 time for a few minutes, then got my tuck broken into when I went to the store..I only had that drone for a day and a half!
After that I had found a crashed P3S on Craigslist for $200. Apparently RTH had kicked in when it was under some high wires, and crashed into them. After replacing the body and some gimble parts, I finally starting having fun with it, and shooting some cool videos :D But the range on it just sucked soo bad. I couldn't get more then just a few hundred feet in front of me before constantly getting weak signal warnings or RTH taking over. I tried some antenna mods, that did help, but still I think my record distance was only like 1000-1200 ft. So just gave up sold it, and last week got me a P3A, again from Craigslist.. this one was not crashed but had bad stress cracks under the motors. I replaced the body on this one too and added some reinforcement plates under the motors to hopefully prevent that again in the future. Been flying it now for a few days, and needless to say I'm very happy with my range now. :D
Anyways that's my story, I'm glad to be here to learn more and contribute when I can. :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sparky1963
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: Mike_Slatton

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl