Help with RC assistant AND P2 Assistant NOT CONNECTING

Reaction score
First, let me say that I frequent tons of messageboards and I realize that it takes a lot of knowledgeable people to make one amazingly successful. That said, I am certain there are those of you who "have all the answers". However I will also say that I've asked a couple of questions and gotten zero in the way of what I would think to be real answers.

That prefaced - I searched and searched this board for the subject above and see no explanations or remedies - so forgive me if this HAS been asked and properly answered.

I have a new P2 Vision + and I read where to get the added features of NAZA, etc that I needed to download both the RC assistant AND the P2 assistant and I did both.

When I hook up my USB cable to the computer and the RC...and turn it on I here the sound that you normally get with a USB device connects, but when I start the RC assistant software there is NO connection. No lights on, blinking, etc and clicking ANYTHING does nothing. DJI seems to offer NO REAL support which is unfortunate (hence the NEED for a great board of fellow users).

It seems that MANY of you have experienced the same issue. How did you/ do you resolve it? I have started stopped, tried again and again and nothing works. My Phantom flies fine so I guess I'm lucky but I wanted to get to the other features that are not available in the default Phantom Mode. Any help would be much appreciated.

Using Windows 8 and Firefox. I downloaded both the RC assistant and the P2 assistant. Is there something else to download? Also THANK for the quick replies. Another followup - I'm reading TONS of people with issues AFTER they calibrate or use the assistants. Is that typical? I want to change a few settings but not screw up the thing.

appnet said:
Using Windows 8 and Firefox. I downloaded both the RC assistant and the P2 assistant. Is there something else to download? Also THANK for the quick replies. Another followup - I'm reading TONS of people with issues AFTER they calibrate or use the assistants. Is that typical? I want to change a few settings but not screw up the thing.

Well SOB I didn't see the first DRIVER install. Did that and it now connects. THANKS!

Now to that last question. Do most of you have issues AFTER calibrating and changing settings?

appnet said:

Some people cal the compass before every flight. Others only do it when they travel some distance from their last flight. I think calibrating before every flight is overkill and hard on the switch. But, it certainly couldn't hurt to run a cal after you change setting in the flight software.

D_Tshudy said:
appnet said:

Some people cal the compass before every flight. Others only do it when they travel some distance from their last flight. I think calibrating before every flight is overkill and hard on the switch. But, it certainly couldn't hurt to run a cal after you change setting in the flight software.

I was one of the people who calibrate the compass before each flight.....needless to say, I didn't wear out the switch because on the fourth flight, my bird flew away. :eek: :(

offtosleep said:
D_Tshudy said:
appnet said:

I was one of the people who calibrate the compass before each flight.....needless to say, I didn't wear out the switch because on the fourth flight, my bird flew away. :eek: :(

Maybe you DID already wear out the switch? Do you still have the controller and can you put a multi meter on the switch contacts to see if one of the switches is bust as it might give you an explanation for the flyaway :?:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl