Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help needed, detail on central circuit board component

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by gmrwhite, Apr 15, 2014.

1. gmrwhite

Hi everybody, i need help to discover the type of diode mounted on the phantom 2 central circuit board, near the cam connector.
    here you can see a pic of the full board, and the detail where you can see two diode, a white one e a black one. i need to replace the black one, but i don't know what kind of diode is (as i burned it). if some of you could open its phantom 2 and check which number is printed on the black diode i really appreciate.....there should be a number and a line on the left of right of the diode.
    please any good soul with an already opened phantom (i know that it takes time to open it) could help me? ;)

Attached Files:

2. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

I'm pretty sure the diode you seek is in fact, a resistor. If you are careful and precise, you can meter it to get the resistance.

3. gmrwhite

Thanks, yes you are probably right, but the problem is that i burned it, so the guy who is helping me can not test it. but on the resistor there are written some value, if i found those value the guy could replace it with the right one... any other idea?

4. OI Photography

I'd have serious reservations about anybody who is supposedly able to do component replacement, yet isn't able to test a circuit.

New board is $60, which is inexpensive for the piece of mind it would give over...your other option.

5. gmrwhite

are you saying that it is possible to test a burned resistor? i really don't know anything about this kind of stuff

6. eroomomni

Looks like a cap to me. Can you post a magnified photo?

7. goldfishrock

Wow.... whatever it is, replacing a surface mount component is some undertaking..... good luck :)

Wouldn't it be easier to just replace your main board? They aren't expensive.

8. gmrwhite

i resolved getting ac from the battery connector directly.... now the rx works again :)

9. josse34

Hi!
    I have exactly the same problem (short circuit at the connector of FC200 camera), could you explain to me the resolution?!
    Thanks so much !!!

10. RDCF550

For anyone that's interested, the component in question there is an Inductor, 1uH or so.

11. Diesel31

This.

I burned something out and just installed a new board. Easy and cheap like OI said.