HELP!!! My P4 just arrived and I need help

With the birds, thanks, I understand the basics of how it's supposed to work, but it isn't working like I think it should. Part of the problem is the DJI go app isn't working, and that's what I need the most help with. It starts, the only option is select device and when I press it, it brings up my devices wifi options. I haven't read, or seen a video that says what to do next. I have my wifi router listed and that's it.
Here's a video tutorial that might be good for you:
And if all else fails, try another USB cable, if you have a dodgy cable that can make things difficult.

Why isn't there a place to register on DJI.com? I have an account, and I logged in, not finding any place to register.

15130440305611344672707.jpg
No, I kinda skipped that step of registration. Too excited to get started, GRIN.

My phone IS connected to my wifi. I will turn it all back on and select my wifi router and see what happens.
Yes got a register,and p4 not wifi it light bridge, turn your wifi setting off ,good to be excited but must read quick start guide

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I haven't been able to register the P4, can't find the link on DJI's site. I did finally see the little down arrow to select the P4 in DJI GO app instead of the Spark. After I did that, the app said it's not connected. I have tested 1/2 of the cable and used it to connect my phone to the laptop. I don't have a mini usb to mini usb cable. guess I'll have to buy one.

Meta4, the guy in the video says you don't have to have a phone or pad connected to fly the drone.

ianzone, I have the phone connected to data, and I've logged into the GO app with my dji account. Still can't get drone to turn on, still shows need to be calibrated, still not connected to the GO app.

Okay, I haven't been able to register the P4, can't find the link on DJI's site. I did finally see the little down arrow to select the P4 in DJI GO app instead of the Spark. After I did that, the app said it's not connected. I have tested 1/2 of the cable and used it to connect my phone to the laptop. I don't have a mini usb to mini usb cable. guess I'll have to buy one.
,,big usb end goes in remote,small end in device,try that see if it conects
15130459699151737242991.jpg

Reactions: Sojourner60
Did you take both gamnle locks off? There is a small foam block along with the plastic clip. Did you download the DJIgo app on to tablet? I cant remember but that may be where you register your account.

App also might prompt you to update firmware,some don't some do,make sure your all charged up for this,it does drain remote power fast not so much drone power,failed uploads can occur if batt goes flat..have a read of some posts about firmware updates and make your choice,some have heaps of issues after update and some no trouble at all,,once again read your book check your settings in app,rth,max height,and signal lost setting,etc.learn what things do like the rth on the remote,take care and enjoy,I be tuned back in soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the manual again and realized I goofed. It comes with two cables. I connected them together and went from mini USB to mini USB. I tried it with just one cable and it connected and registered the P4 with DJI. I was finally able to turn it on and check it out in the house. Haven't flown it, just started the mothers like the video said to with out the props.
My plan is to go back thru the manual step by step and try out everything and make sure I know how it all works. The small USB port on the RC is for firmware updates, not connecting to a phone. One lesson learned, many more to go.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice! I'm looking forward to flying it. As much as I want to, I'm not going to go into my pasture and fly it at night just to see how well it hovers.

Sitting on my fingers until tomorrow.
Don

I was looking at the manual again and realized I goofed. It comes with two cables. I connected them together and went from mini USB to mini USB. I tried it with just one cable and it connected and registered the P4 with DJI. I was finally able to turn it on and check it out in the house. Haven't flown it, just started the mothers like the video said to with out the props.
My plan is to go back thru the manual step by step and try out everything and make sure I know how it all works. The small USB port on the RC is for firmware updates, not connecting to a phone. One lesson learned, many more to go.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice! I'm looking forward to flying it. As much as I want to, I'm not going to go into my pasture and fly it at night just to see how well it hovers.

Don
Good Idea, it will be there more than one day, if you prepare for the first flight, then the next! It will get easier, after a few times going through the motions. Sleep on it, read it all again, an then when you are more relaxed, take it out and try it out. Be conservative at first, give it a little time and don't forget the SIMULATOR that you can use to just get that first feel for it.

Don
1513048007650723076062.jpg
this one if same is call OTG adapter,,can be used when doing firmware updates on tablet or with a phone,,glad you sort it ,good call,yip can fly simulater

View attachment 92112 this one if same is call OTG adapter,,can be used when doing firmware updates on tablet or with a phone,,glad you sort it ,good call,yip can fly simulater

I'll have to try the simulator. I saw it as an option when going thru the setup, but my Kindle Fire is almost out of memory so I skipped it. I'll try with my phone and see how it goes.

Spend a LOT of time understanding the return to home (RTH) parameters. When you think you understand them do it again. Also ALL rth computations will fail if you are flying downwind when the battery says its time to go home. These two things have cost a lot of people their drone. It doesn’t have to be you.

View attachment 92112 this one if same is call OTG adapter,,can be used when doing firmware updates on tablet or with a phone,,glad you sort it ,good call,yip can fly simulater

I'll have to try the simulator. I saw it as an option when going thru the setup, but my Kindle Fire is almost out of memory so I skipped it. I'll try with my phone and see how it goes.

Captain47, thanks for the tip. The RTH is one thing I was planning on learning. And experimenting with. I'm gonna use it to make money, so long distance flights aren't really my thing. Up close to take real estate photos is my plan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94