HELP!!! My P4 just arrived and I need help

Reaction score
I've read the quick start guide. I've watched all the videos. I'm on page 40 of the user manual. I unpacked the P4, charged the batteries, took off the gimbal clamp, hooked up my phone with USB, turned on the RC, turned on the P4, I started my DJI GO 4 app, it wants me to choose my device and opens up a WIFI window. The drone isn't listed. I tried my Kindle, same thing. I can move the camera up and down. It is flashing RED / Yellow which I think means the compass needs to be calibrated. I held it by it's legs level, turned around (in my house) then nose down, turned around and it's still flashing RED / Yellow.

Got ideas? What am I doing wrong? The motors wont start. I haven't put the props on yet.

TIA!

I haven't installed a mini SD card yet. If it came with one, I haven't found it. If not, then I"ll have to buy one.

It is flashing RED / Yellow which I think means the compass needs to be calibrated. I held it by it's legs level, turned around (in my house) then nose down, turned around and it's still flashing RED / Yellow.
You should never need to calibrate the compass in normal use.
What it's telling you is that it has detected an abnormal magnetic field closeby.
This is common indoors and likely comes from reinforcing steel in concrete floors or electric cables.

I just remembered one other little problem I'm having. I pushed the button on the side of the device holder, and it wont extend. I can't even pull it out while holding the button down.

Is it time to call DJI?

I just remembered one other little problem I'm having. I pushed the button on the side of the device holder, and it wont extend. I can't even pull it out while holding the button down.

Is it time to call DJI?
It’s probably time to read the manual..... it will pay off.

I got the clamp release problem solved... removed a clear piece of plastic that was hard to see. LOL glad that was an easy fix.

I took it outside. Turned on RC, my phone, turned on P4, still get flashing red/yellow. I do NOT get a WiFi signal so I can't select my P4 in the DJI Go app. I tried calibration again but still the lights stay on.

I'm running out of ideas.

I took it outside. Turned on RC, my phone, turned on P4, still get flashing red/yellow. I do NOT get a WiFi signal so I can't select my P4 in the DJI Go app. I tried calibration again but still the lights stay on.

I'm running out of ideas.
Do you have your phone/tablet connected to the RC with a cable?

Reactions: 68charger440
Yes, assuming the cable is working. I can try using the cable to connect my phone to my laptop to test a part of the cable.

I don't think the P4 is connecting with WiFi to the tablet or phone, it doesn't show in the Wifi list. Yes I have the phone or tablet connected with the cable to the RC.

Okay that's good news. So, I start DJI Go 4. It wants me to select my device. It brings up my wifi connection. What do I select?

With the birds, thanks, I understand the basics of how it's supposed to work, but it isn't working like I think it should. Part of the problem is the DJI go app isn't working, and that's what I need the most help with. It starts, the only option is select device and when I press it, it brings up my devices wifi options. I haven't read, or seen a video that says what to do next. I have my wifi router listed and that's it.

No, I kinda skipped that step of registration. Too excited to get started, GRIN.

My phone IS connected to my wifi. I will turn it all back on and select my wifi router and see what happens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn