HELP !! motors won't start - everything seems fine?!?

Reaction score
HELP!! I did my first flight with the unofficial ground station app. an hour ago (have done around 100 flights otherwise so far) - everything worked great, no problems at all.

I just went outside to do my second flight of the day and although everything SEEMS to be working perfectly, when I put the joysticks in the position to start the motors, nothing happens. I can see the gimball moving, so I know the controller is connnected and sending information, but nothing happens with the props. I've rebooted everything several times, changed batteries, nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any ideas??

update..... tried a few hours later and did a few test flights and everything works fine. no idea why?? by the way, i forgot to add to my last post - i didn't think it had anything to do with the app. (i hadn't even activated the GS app yet, i was just trying to take off manually so i could fly to 200 feet and start the waypoint flight.)

has anyone had this experience where the motors just didn't start no matter what you did? mabye wifi interference? there are 6-7 wifi connections in the area that I was flying.

I had a similar problem after I'd powered down, then powered up. http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25818 Today for my second flight, after changing batteries, I tried starting the motors as soon as I powered up the Phantom, before it took time to acquire satellites. (I then of course waited for satellite acquisition before taking off.) That worked; the motors started just as they should. Maybe that's just dumb luck, but for now I'm content.

another update... tried again this morning - no luck. everything seems perfect but props won't start

With updated firmware, is it possible you are in a "no fly zone"?
Is your compass calibrated?
Is it a bad battery?
What is the light sequence of the LED's?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl