Help.... Issues with P3P camera

Reaction score
I recently purchased my DJI phantom 3 professional from Best Buy. In addition, prior to flying the drone I removed it's original camera protective lens and inserted a DJI UV lens. Upon flying the drone I would frequently notice the camera going in and out freezing and the screen turning green and at one point, I noticed a lost signal indication on my monitoring screen ( IPhone 6). Therefore, I removed the UV protective lens and replaced it with the original protective lens cover that the drone came with.

After doing said maneuvers, I still noticed the same actions from the camera. However, this day, I flew the drone and did not notice any malfunctions with the camera. My question is should I take this back to Best Buy or monitor its actions and see if it happens again I'm wondering as you can see from the aerial footage if flying the drone in a residential area, i'm wondering if this issue was caused by any frequency issues in the area surrounding the linkage between the camera and it's remote.

Please view the link to the video and give me your thoughts any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I try to upload the link on my YouTube account and it kept getting an error message therefore, I'm using my dropbox account which you can view the one minute video.

Thank you.Dropbox - File Dec 26, 3 08 56 PM.mov

It was recorded by the camera and synced to my phone while in flight.

But I think you are correct Foto-G (hope you don't mind me calling you that just sounds so cool)?

The issue was most likely caused by signal loss due to interference. As you observed on the video the flight was conducted in a residential area and being that it was on Christmas Day the neighborhood was more populated with family members different cell phone usage Wi-Fi connections etc. on today's date I took the same route and didn't have any issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94