Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATHETICfallacy said:
Thanks No... Can I control the camera without the app? I want flight videos and pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. However the gimbal will keep the camera stable in position. You just can't tilt, rotate or roll it independently.

But you can't take pics or record video without the app. I found instructions on binding the range extender and camera, I'm going to attempt to reset that connection. Wish me luck!

PATHETICfallacy said:
But you can't take pics or record video without the app. I found instructions on binding the range extender and camera, I'm going to attempt to reset that connection. Wish me luck!

Not entirely correct I believe. If you break the connection without telling the app to stop take photos or filming, then based on your settings in the app it will either do nothing, continue to film or continue to take photos. This is theory, however, as I've not tried it yet.

2014-06-26%2020.39.55.png

I read that too, but expect it wouldn't work since I've never been able to connect long enough to setup the lost connection rules.

PATHETICfallacy said:
I read that too, but expect it wouldn't work since I've never been able to connect long enough to setup the lost connection rules.

New version of the app doesn't require connection to the wifi anymore (the screenshot I took was 5 mile away from my P2V.

I reset the wifi extender and performed binding steps with camera indoors and was able to get an image of the kitchen table and Phantom data, however on the walk outside to fly, the image remained frozen on the table, turned gray, and I lost battery and GPS data onscreen.

I was able to calibrate and fly in GPS mode for a few minutes, but had no data or camera control. "Connection to Phantom Failed" screenshot from this morning included... Same as tonight

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403835830.457286.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403835830.457286.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 472
Emailed my concerns to DJI yesterday and I'm awaiting a response.

In the meantime, I deleted and reinstalled the app. I was able to connect to the Phantom, but again it only lasted a minute, with the image turning gray, processing wheel displayed, and eventually The error in the screenshot above.

I did take the opportunity to fly in GPS mode in the open field and really had a blast! She's flies beautifully and I'm very comfortable taking her out and up a couple of hundred feet. I can't wait until I can get some video and pictures from the flights!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi can anyone give me information on the wiring of the camera cable. I have to re solder the plug after a crash but need to know what colors to solder to which part of the plug. Phantom vision f/2.8. Thanks

Hi guys, does anyone know the exact wiring for the cable that goes into the camera of a Phantom Vision - i crashed it and the cable came off the plug. I have ordered one but will take weeks. I need to know which part of the plug goes with which colour . thanks...

HI
I'm having problems with my DJI Phantom.
I have recently installed an airy brushless gimbal. Have not been able to fly it since.
I am getting 4 red flashes per second.
Have tried to do a calibration in software but the 'A channel' does not respond. Which i researched and it says that is for the left and right functions.
SO the phantom will not start, props will not start at all..

PLEASE HELP!

My transmitter seems bricked. No led and not being reconized by the RC System application. During the update it failed for some reason and it said to re-power. But it does nothing. I tried the black button trick on the inside with the power and nothing. Does anyone know what to do? I would appreciate any help to get this back up and running. I shouldn't have messed with it.

My hunt for an easy system continues!! I had the P2 Vision + which sucked and I guess because of the new software it wouldn't link up to GPS and the camera would face down on landing smacking it into ground (i know longer gear would help) but the issues with linking to gps made me rethink the purchace. I had the Phantom 2 vision easy love the simpleness of the setup flew great no issues but returned it yesterday after viewing my videos taken during a trip to Tahoe. It is very apparent that a gimbal is needed to take steady video!! I have a GOPRO 3 Black and Im looking for advice on what is the "BEST SIMPLE" FPV system to go with? Do I buy the base model P2 and then add an axis DYS gimbal plus all the other stuff needed? Is there a place to purchase a complete unit ready to fly? Im an Android users so Ipad isn't option for viewing.....

Basically looking for a shopping list to build a solid FPV system and which doesn't require a high tech mind lol Im a marketing guy lol my brain works different!! Any Ideas would be appreciated

Thanks and Drone ON!!

I posted this a s a new discussion but should probably be in here

has anyone had a problem with record and picture capture on the phantom 2 vision+? Keeps coming up with camera symbol with 'Error!' written on it! Still have live feed but will not record.

Thank you all! This group was the difference between getting my Phantom FC40 flying and sending it back for a refund. The manufacturer should be embarrassed by their lack of documentation, and, I told them so using very small words so they would understand.

envwatcher said:
I posted this a s a new discussion but should probably be in here

has anyone had a problem with record and picture capture on the phantom 2 vision+? Keeps coming up with camera symbol with 'Error!' written on it! Still have live feed but will not record.

Check your SD Card. Some of the older or slower cards will not work in newer cameras.

Re: Help Forum: Altitude issue

Have new Phantom 2 Vision +. Altitude reads -273 ft before takeoff even after running the advanced calibration. I'm thinking have an equipment fault. Would appreciate thoughts.

Re: Help Forum - ***Buyer Beware

Hello Phantom Pilots,

Has anyone gotten anywhere with getting a refund for purchase of quadcopter bought through authorized dealer found via DJI.com? This is the second DJI Phantom 2 quadcopter that has crapped out during in flight on me, both with under 5 hours of total flying time since they were brand new in the box. Neither crashed, the shells/props/landing gear/prop guards/etc. all are in like new condition, neither had water damage, etc. DJI's product is a serious threat to civilized society, both in terms of safety and in terms of privacy. I purchased the to video travel and one of the GM from one of largest hoteliers' in the world approached me the last time I was using it after observing it losing GPS connection and getting a mind of it's own and falling out of the sky during flight (open area, just barely starting to use, and it just crapped out) and said that I couldn't fly it at or around their hotel anymore and then I received an email about two weeks later from the companies' HQ saying that they are banning the use at all of their hotels. So the reason I purchased it, I can't hardly use it, not to mention the fact that in good conscious, I don't think I would even if they let me. It is terrifying and one of the most powerless feelings when one of these just falls straight out of the sky, totally unresponsive, into an area with people/kids/cars/etc.

I purchased on my AMEX Platinum Business card and have fought to the highest level of support w/AMEX Assurance who will not reimburse me as they are claiming there is a manufacturer defect of the DJI Phantom 2. I have been trying to work with Anthony Cote, a "Customer Service Lead" from DJI, who won't assist me. The dealer says all sales are final. Anthony advised they couldn't refund me for my purchase since my copter probably shorted out mid-flight tumbling to the ground in a crowd of people due to mis-use, i.e. using in the developed world. He said it was probably due to misuse and "...we want to let you know that first we never recommend flying near areas that have possible interference. This would include places with powerlines, wi-fi, large amounts of concrete and steel, as all of these sources can affect the Phantom during flight.”

I think that It is really unconscionable and I think probably illegal that they are selling a consumer product that’s supposedly ready for use when really they are really having people beta test them for you in neighborhoods, schools, over pools, etc. Granted, I am a big believer in this companies' potential but it is not yet ready for widespread consumer use.

They should consider selling the quadcopters going forward with the explicit disclaimer at the time of sale and on the package that all sales are final and quadcopters are sold “as-is” because I think DJI has potential liability under the UCC Implied Warrant of Merchantability and Fitness For a Particular Use. Based on Reddit & discussion board chatter, I would not be surprised if a class action lawsuit is headed their way in the not so distant future. I would gladly be a plaintiff…

Regarding the Implied Warrant of Merchantability, here’s a brief intro. I am sure you can agree that DJI is at least in a gray area, if not in violation of this. “Virtually every consumer product you buy comes with an implied warranty of merchantability. This is an assurance that a new item will work if you use it for a reasonably expected purpose. For used items, the warranty of merchantability is a promise that the product will work as expected, given its age and condition. The implied warranty of fitness applies when you buy an item with a specific (even unusual) purpose in mind. In most states, an implied warranty lasts for four years. In a few states, however, the implied warranty lasts only as long as any express warranty that comes with a product. Sellers sometimes try to avoid implied warranties by selling a product "as is." In order to effectively negate implied warranties, however, the seller must follow state law requirements. For example, some states require that the disclaimer be in writing and the language be obvious. Also, implied warranties can't be disclaimed when there is an express written warranty that comes with the product.”

Has anyone gotten anywhere in a similar situation?

-David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl