Hello new Phantom 2 vision plus owner

Reaction score
I'm a new owner and I'm glad a friend told me about this site. I had this for about 2 months now and I can say that this is a lot of fun.
I started out with the small Hobsan 107D and it lead to buying the Phantom...

I watched numerous utube vids to see what others are doing and that was a great help.. This thing sat on my desk for 3 days before I attempted my first flight in my backyard..
anyways Thank you for this great place and its time to start reading about this new firmware upgrade... I am always concerned about "upgrades" ...... if it isn't broke.....don't fix it.

Thanks Again
Goat

Updating the new Fw and assistant soft ware is not a problem, however bear in mind the following:
1. First upgrade the Assistent to the latest version
2. Upgrade the firme ware of the bird.
3. Upgrade the battery fw on the upgrade page of the Assistant.
4 Do, not !!! Upgrde the zen... (camara/gimbal) on the upgrade page of the assistant; because that would corrupt your tilting possibilities of the origional Tx

goatman said:
I'm a new owner and I'm glad a friend told me about this site. I had this for about 2 months now and I can say that this is a lot of fun.
I started out with the small Hobsan 107D and it lead to buying the Phantom...

I watched numerous utube vids to see what others are doing and that was a great help.. This thing sat on my desk for 3 days before I attempted my first flight in my backyard..
anyways Thank you for this great place and its time to start reading about this new firmware upgrade... I am always concerned about "upgrades" ...... if it isn't broke.....don't fix it.

Thanks Again
Goat
:D welcome!
I agree 100% with your post. I'm sure you want everything to work, so like Paulajane says, hold off and enjoy flying! I'm waiting, too.

aartsf said:
Updating the new Fw and assistant soft ware is not a problem, however bear in mind the following:
1. First upgrade the Assistent to the latest version
2. Upgrade the firme ware of the bird.
3. Upgrade the battery fw on the upgrade page of the Assistant.
4 Do, not !!! Upgrde the zen... (camara/gimbal) on the upgrade page of the assistant; because that would corrupt your tilting possibilities of the origional Tx

Im afraid to update at this point...the craft flies fine... I just spent all this money and Im used to the way it flies with this firmware...
Im soooo confused....

I went and flew it today and for some reason when it went back to GPS mode when I started out in course lock,I thought I was flying it back when I noticed it was flying in the opposite direction,so I didn't panic, I hovered and figured out which way was back to me and took it from there.... dod you think this new firmware would fix that? Did this ever happen to any of you guys where you lose course lock??

Thanks
Goat

Goat, you're aware that CL can reverse stick input, I take it? Perhaps have another look at the manual's CL sections, because once you've set CL this way, stick input may actually be reverse of regular flying.

Let us know?

Cheers.

look on youtube, there are a few videos that explain what course lock is, home lock.... GPS, or ATTI. as you can be in GPS mode and still use course lock or home lock. Both work differently

singapore_phantom said:
Goat, you're aware that CL can reverse stick input, I take it? Perhaps have another look at the manual's CL sections, because once you've set CL this way, stick input may actually be reverse of regular flying.

Let us know?

Cheers.

Thanks your probably right I might of set the course lock facing the other direction , then flew the craft behind me... ****... you can get all misconscrewed with this in an instant..

I went out and retested my theory and yep....that was it,... I actually tried the home lock for the first time too...THAT is fantastic even if you did fly behind yourself, pulling back on the lever in the HL position it still flies back to you.. AWSOME!!!

edstumph said:
look on youtube, there are a few videos that explain what course lock is, home lock.... GPS, or ATTI. as you can be in GPS mode and still use course lock or home lock. Both work differently

Thank you,
I did I found that dude "on the kitchen table" LOL good info there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl