Hello from Worcestershire UK...

Reaction score
Hi to everyone on the forum...I thought should introduce myself, I'm QuadFly a new Phantom 3 4K pilot from Worcestershire in the UK :)

I've had my drone a couple of weeks & have made a few flights now. Really enjoying it & slowly getting to know the Phantom & the DJI Go app. Loving the 4K video footage & pictures which I've been taking, they are amazing quality even with the auto settings I've been using so far. I'm very happy to have finally got a drone. I had been looking at them for several years so finally took the plunge & very glad I chose the Phantom 3 for my first drone.

It's nice to be able to join the drone community & looking forward to posting more on this great forum soon :)

Welcome to one of the most friendly and helpful forums on the net. You'll learn a lot and remember, there are no stupid questions so don't be afraid to ask (but the search function really is a wonderful thing!). Have fun...:)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to one of the most friendly and helpful forums on the net. You'll learn a lot and remember, there are no stupid questions so don't be afraid to ask (but the search function really is a wonderful thing!). Have fun...:)
Many thanks Numone.. I'm sure I'm going to have plenty of questions & have been looking around the forum for answers already :)

Reactions: Numone
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)
Thank you dirkclod, I will post some pics & footage once I've got some I feel worthy..just been testing it all out so far & getting used to the Phantom :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi to everyone on the forum...I thought should introduce myself, I'm QuadFly a new Phantom 3 4K pilot from Worcestershire in the UK :)

I've had my drone a couple of weeks & have made a few flights now. Really enjoying it & slowly getting to know the Phantom & the DJI Go app. Loving the 4K video footage & pictures which I've been taking, they are amazing quality even with the auto settings I've been using so far. I'm very happy to have finally got a drone. I had been looking at them for several years so finally took the plunge & very glad I chose the Phantom 3 for my first drone.

It's nice to be able to join the drone community & looking forward to posting more on this great forum soon :)
Buckle in and enjoy your flight:):):)

Reactions: QuadFly
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

They're all worthy. There could be a killer shot in anyone's footage.
Got you, I'll start editing some footage then. BTW is there any desktop editing software available from DJI? I couldn't find anything so I was thinking of using my GoPro software instead for some quick edits

Got you, I'll start editing some footage then. BTW is there any desktop editing software available from DJI? I couldn't find anything so I was thinking of using my GoPro software instead for some quick edits
No, they haven't produced DTSW as yet.

Welcome to the forum Quad,

If you have not already done so, check the CAA rules for flying UAV's.

Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). Click on the link to view their web site :-

British Model Flying Association

It costs £33 at the time of writing.

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice.

You might like to try the following apps.

The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play

And :-

No Fly Drones

Enjoy the forum

Welcome to the forum Quad,

If you have not already done so, check the CAA rules for flying UAV's.

Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). Click on the link to view their web site :-

British Model Flying Association

It costs £33 at the time of writing.

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice.

You might like to try the following apps.

The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play

And :-

No Fly Drones

Enjoy the forum

Thank you very much for the advice & links deltamike, really appreciate it. I have been looking at getting the BMFA insurance & will take a look at the other sites now :)

Thought not as I couldn't find any references to it anywhere. I've got GoPro Studio so might give it a try, not sure about how it handles 4K though as yet.
Unless you have a mightily powerful PC/Mac, with a very large hard drive, 4K editing will be very, very difficult.

Unless you have a mightily powerful PC/Mac, with a very large hard drive, 4K editing will be very, very difficult.
Ah!...Laptop/PC are both quite decent spec but would it be best to use 1080p instead as it's only going to be for PC/laptop or maybe occasional TV viewing?

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart