Hello from Orange County, CA.

Reaction score
Hello,
I live in Orange County, California. I am a licensed HAM (KG6VQE) and a fellow ham is selling his Phantom 1. I have flown several smaller Hobby Drones (SYMA, HUBSAN), but want to start getting serious. Mostly for photography and having fun. Will be buying his P1 tomorrow. I know it isn't fancy, but could you put a gimble mount on it, only to steady the action? I think Walkera makes generic ones. Want to learn on this one, before I get a 3/4 or mavic. Any good mods anyone using. I was at a hobby show this summer and someone sold a 720P Wifi Camera for about $50.00. Might look for something like that. Anyways, hope I can post some shots, and get others views on this.
Thank you,
Eric

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Considering you can get a P3S refurbed for $400 or less, you'll need to get a really really good deal on that P1 and camera/gimbal accessories to be comparable and worth it.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Considering you can get a P3S refurbed for $400 or less, you'll need to get a really really good deal on that P1 and camera/gimbal accessories to be comparable and worth it.
I thank you for your comments. This quad was from a fellow ham buddy, that I trust. yea, probably paid a little more, but I am coming from Hobby Quad's like the Syma 5C - This is amazing. He showed me his P3 and I was standing by while he flew his P4 - AMAZING - Video Quality is rock solid, and 60 feet up in wind looked like it was sitting on a pole. The Batteries are a little steep priced, so I will definitely have to think about That. I also have a beef with dji - They are using NAZA controllers, which you can buy, so I guess they write custom firmware. My buddy says that the batteries for the P2 don't work with the P3 and P3 batteries don't work with the P4 - WTF?????? So you have to invest in a battery factory to have multiple quads???? Now he is ordering a Mavic, and more batteries...Can't someone hack the batteries so P3 and P4 batteries work together??? Anyways, have 3 batteries for my P1 and a Gopro Clone...so I will post pictures ASAP. Thanks for being so welcoming!!!!
Eric

Hi & welcome Eric, sadly no - the batteries for various Phantom levels are different as you correctly conclude (P3 family share battery type, and P4 sorta do to but that's it). The batteries have built in smarts Inc firmware for charge and discharge management, so no no hacks. That said, they are heaps of fun, enjoy and ask. Happy flying

My buddy says that the batteries for the P2 don't work with the P3 and P3 batteries don't work with the P4 - WTF?????? So you have to invest in a battery factory to have multiple quads???? Now he is ordering a Mavic, and more batteries...Can't someone hack the batteries so P3 and P4 batteries work together??
The batteries don't physically fit in the other Phantom models, so it wouldn't be possible to use them even if a hack was doable.

Reactions: Loz
P2 had 3 cells in its pack, P3 has 4. P4 also has 4 cells but greater capacity. I could see the argument of designing P3 and P4 batteries being designed to be interchangeable.
Mavic and phantom have a completely different geometry overall. It would be impractical to use a P3/P4 pack on a Mavic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan