Hello from New Zealand

Reaction score
hey guys, i am a complete newbie to the drone scene but after a bit of a pain since getting my phantom 2 in having to replace all 4 motors I'm ready to start to use it!! 1 quick question...yea i know I've only just introduced myself but i went out into the garden to test it this eve after replacing the motors and watching many youtube videos i attempted my 1st take off...the thing is it tipped over when i throttled up? any reason why it would do this? the 2nd time i tried it i compensated it by pushing forward on the directional control and was able to lift up..followed by a quick return to the ground! any suggestions into why it would do that would be great...im sure there will be more questions to follow, sorry

hello again!

Andy

Reactions: dirkclod
When you take off just don't throttle it up but jump it up, like give it some power and welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

hey thanks for getting back, i went out for a second test run this avo but unfortunately it tilted back again when giving it the beans but still got it in the air and thats when the fun stopped....i had it up quite high and as i went to bring it down again it just lost all control, no matter what i was doing it was just doing its own thing and proceeded to want to land in my neighbours garden. lucky enough it was coming down slowly and i was able to nip around and catch it mid flight before it hit the floor, any reason or ideas in how to stop this? thanks

hey thanks for getting back, i went out for a second test run this avo but unfortunately it tilted back again when giving it the beans but still got it in the air and thats when the fun stopped....i had it up quite high and as i went to bring it down again it just lost all control, no matter what i was doing it was just doing its own thing and proceeded to want to land in my neighbours garden. lucky enough it was coming down slowly and i was able to nip around and catch it mid flight before it hit the floor, any reason or ideas in how to stop this? thanks
Hi good read, sorry,not got p2 but mayby take props off and start just to make sure they spin the same speed,,did the home point set before takeoff,has p2 got compass or imu calibration,,hope you sort out and welcome from NZ :)

Hi good read, sorry,not got p2 but mayby take props off and start just to make sure they spin the same speed,,did the home point set before takeoff,has p2 got compass or imu calibration,,hope you sort out and welcome from NZ :)

hey thanks for that fellow kiwi, i'll def give it a go without the blades tomorrow when i give it a go, what if they are at different speeds? I'm pretty sure the home point set ok...there again i am new so could not of been, yea i did do a compass calibration on it before starting, i wasn't sure if it was because i was doing it in the back yard and had interference?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94