Hello and quick tip...

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I just wanted to say hello. I got my Vision + last week as an early Xmas gift to myself (my wife approved the budget :) ).

I have a quick tip to offer (sorry if this is too obvious). Grab a couple of old 4GB micro SD cards and stick them on the outside of the Vision + with some gaffer tape to protect them.

The reason? Imagine grabbing your Quad for a second flight. You put it in the boot of the car and head to a gorgeous local church to take some video.

You get there, fit the rotors, do the compass alignment and launch. Then you press "record" and you're told there's no SD card! That's because you were looking at the first flight video on your PC and forgot to put the SD card back in the Quad!

I have a 32GB card that I use normally, and I know 4GB cards don't hold a lot of content, but it's better than nothing and I have a few old 4GB cards just lying around.

Thanks for all the shared knowledge. I hope I'll be contributing too soon.

Cheers,
Geoff

spudmachine said:
Grab a couple of old 4GB micro SD cards and stick them on the outside of the Vision + with some gaffer tape to protect them.
Keeping extra cards in your case seems easier/safer.

Good tip. I have a little pocket in my wallet. Put a spare 4GB in there for exactly this situation. Plus a spare 32GB in my case. Weird thing... my cards keep migrating out of my case to my laptop and they always forget to go back to the case when they are done.

The case is also a good place. But mine is still on order :)

Sticking a couple of cards on the hull is sort of a "last resort" option, but it least it means you can shoot some pictures or video.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl