Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Healthy Drones website replacement

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by David Peterson, Feb 18, 2016.

1. David Peterson

Is there a program or app that can be purchased to replace the Healthy Drones web site? I like their site, but they are going to become too pricey for me to use. I use the info that comes with the more expensive plans, but I would also like to keep the more logs, wind info, etc. as I use the information training birds with multiple flights each day.

Hebrews12v2 likes this.
  2. With The Birds

Probably not free or cheaper if you find one. Most people dont work for free.

Royr1957 and ACC like this.
  3. 4wd

4wd

I'd much rather the DJI app could do something similar rather than all the on the go editing stuff.
    They are already half way there in the flight records anyway.

The free option at Healthy Drones seems quite generous to me?
    You can delete older flights if need be.

ACC likes this.
  4. KMD1984

What?! There are plenty of people out there that write programs and then offer them for FREE. I have tons of software that was FREE.

5. GunnyPapa

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

Let's be honest -- everyone has bills to pay and nobody is paying them by working for free.

Numone, FrequentFlyer and BigAl07 like this.
  7. With The Birds

What? The op asked for a free alternative to the HD website.

I have plenty or free cad software. Sure. There is plenty of free software. To do what I need to do reliably and produce precise tool paths is 10k's of dollars.

You can't escape the good-cheap-fast law... Choose your two and cop the third.

Good and fast isn't cheap, cheap and good not fast and fast and cheap not good.

That's what......

#7 With The Birds, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    BigAl07 likes this.
  8. David Peterson

They still have a free option, as well as levels depending on your need. I went for the gold, worth it to me

9. mikeve

@ferraript has created an excellent tool to convert the TXT files to csv. He has posted it on the forum.

10. GunnyPapa

I think yyou meant something else in your "Good isn't cheap" quote from a a major distiller., get it right brother, your quote doesn't even make sense...lol

11. With The Birds

Good can be cheap but won't be fast if your getting someone else to do it for you..... Usually.... The authorities have put a line through running a private still where I am. I have heard the results can be good though (and I'm not talking about adding flavouring to the output from a reflux job either). I'd like more than sugar and champagne yeast in the wash.

12. Msvet

I have the gold plan also. Fair price with the discount for the year sign up.

13. jackhadrill

Sorry to awaken an old topic - I'm an electronic engineering student with about 3 months off for my summer vacation... Would anyone be interested in either a much cheaper version (or possibly even free???)

It'd be a great project for me to practice my programming on, and if it generates even $20 a month in total, that'll be enough for me to want to continue developing it. Enough for a spare phantom battery per year ;-)

14. mikesmiley

Of course.

More options > less options. Do it, man.

Royr1957 likes this.
  15. Shammyh

I'll donate some EC2 capacity to serve the site if you'd like. I'm not much of a programmer... More a systems/ops guy, but glad to contribute what I can.

I also have some background with analytics and R (though mostly in the business context), but again, might be of help. Don't know but glad to contribute what I can.

I do actually also pay for Health Drones, but I'd love to see a little competition to keep things fresh.

GunnyPapa likes this.
  16. jackhadrill

I'll get on it after I finish my current web design job! It's nice to see my two hobbies merging!!

Thanks for all of your support, I'll be in touch shortly!

Tarheal63 and mikesmiley like this.
  17. flyNfrank

Absolutely! I'm interested. I also appreciate any and all of your time and efforts spent on this.

18. Apilot101

+1

19. Bushier on

Hi guys I'm a grey nomad in Australia , l have a p3p and about 80% of the time I'm in the middle of Aus with no coms as in Internet ! (I think H/D is a grate site but .... )So that means I cannot use healthy drones web site. What would be grate is the program software to be purchased and downloaded to my iPad Air 2 so I could upload my flights as soon as I Finnish.... Is this just a pipe dream !

20. Bob N

I'm interested. I have the gold plan at HD. Like the site if the price is good. What is not good is the record keeping model. Paying for a number of flight records is weak. I don't want to loose the fabulous records including maintenance just because I hit flight 601. Also no reports at gold have to be pro for that but again hit 1501 flight and records look like the will be lost. Except for this serious limitation HD is great. So come up with something like better record tracking and I'm in. Also should do the maintenance tracking, battery. Etc. If you are thinking of going commercial remote flying record keeping will be your friend.