HeadPlay HD Goggles, Dominator HD's cables and the P3 HDMI Board, Oh My !

Which ones have the best resolution? I know I'm limited by 720p output but usually each LCD is much less than that.
I own both the HeadPlay and the FS Dominator HD V1 goggles.

The best resolution and image quality (IMHO) comes from the HP's.

This being said, I am eagerly awaiting my new Dominator V3's (non HD) that are designed to support the 16:9 aspect ratio of the P3 HDMI output.

The Dom HD V1's are pretty good, however the optics suffered from edge distortion. The 720p capability of the Dom V3 coupled with the 16:9 aspect ratio might be the correct balance of viewing experience and portability.

The Dom V3's have just now begun to ship to US customers. I expect mine laterthis week and will post my impressions when they are in hand.

The new Dom HD V2's are due in about 45 days....

:harry

Last edited:
Good info, thanks! I'm on the fence........................... between the HeadPlays and the Cinemizers. Gawd those HP's look dorky! But like you, I've heard the display is really nice. Decisions decisions....................
Did you wind up getting the HP's..??

If you get a chance to get your hands on a set of Sont HMZ-T3Ws I would jump on them. I found a set from a guy in Denver on Craigs list and they fricken Rock! At 720P they are very good. You are wired but maybe tomorrow I will try the wireless option. Nobody is talking about them but it has been my experience, and my wife's, that the are the best option.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
If you get a chance to get your hands on a set of Sont HMZ-T3Ws I would jump on them. I found a set from a guy in Denver on Craigs list and they fricken Rock! At 720P they are very good. You are wired but maybe tomorrow I will try the wireless option. Nobody is talking about them but it has been my experience, and my wife's, that the are the best option.
I thought those cost $1000. Could be why nobody is talking about them

I thought those cost $1000. Could be why nobody is talking about them
yup, dude wanted 650 I offered 400 he took it and we met at Babys Are Us for the swap. I figured he was after diapers. But yea, you are probably right. They sure work good, even my computer recognizes them as a 3D monitor and the 7.1 surround sound earbuds have unbelievable stage for in ear devices.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Not yet. Got sidetracked buying antenna mods and new controllers! Seems everybody wants my money!!
Yea, I can relate to that-- I probably have enough P3 "must haves" to buy another P3:D

An old thread but a hot issue now. Has anyone tried Echine Goggles One? They are getting good reviews. They support 1080P but with a 5" screen instead of 7" like the Headplays. They even have a small fan to prevent fogging. Still the dork factor but not quite as large.

An old thread but a hot issue now. Has anyone tried Echine Goggles One? They are getting good reviews. They support 1080P but with a 5" screen instead of 7" like the Headplays. They even have a small fan to prevent fogging. Still the dork factor but not quite as large.
The problem is the OSD telemetry data is cut off on the top and bottom when using the Go app. I have the Goggle One, I'll let it go for $100, you pay shipping. They should work great on other FPV apps.

I have the HeadPlays. They look hideous, but the video experience is totally amazing! That's what it's all about anyway.

Something that has been a little frustrating with the HeadPlays is that ONLY when I am flying my P3A with the HeadPlays, I intermittently receive "Video Disconnect" within the DJI GO App. I have the feed set to display on both my ipad mini 2 and the HP during flight. The HP video freezes, and the tablet video feed goes black. After about 10 seconds, it all comes back. This cycles back and forth like this for the duration of my flight, and is annoying.

I'm not too sure what the issue is. I reinstalled the GO App on one occasion, it problem solved for a few flights, but then it creeps back. Puzzling for sure. I've cleared cache, only flew with HP video active, restarted the App. I don't know. I t even happened when I send video to an HDMI monitor. It's definitely not the HP goggles causing the issue. Maybe my ipad...

I have a Skyzone V2 goggle, which Im quite happy with for 5.8GHz FPV, but it has no HDMI and I find it hard to justify the cost of another pair of goggles.

So Im using a $15 alternative:

VR-BOX-2-Google-Cardboard-Virtual-Reality-3D-Glasses-oculus-rift-oykn-vr-headset-For-HTC.jpg

HTB1kam1KFXXXXc4XpXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Its a google carboard VR goggle in which you insert your phone. Then run Litchi in VR mode and it works quite well. The one I have, like the one pictured has IPD adjustment (distance between pupils) and has adjustable diopter, which is something even my Skyzone's dont have (though I can buy lenses to get the same).

Resolution will depend on what your phone can do, but most have at least 1080P these days, and you get headtracking built in as well, so its a great budget option. Also fun to try other google carboard VR apps with.

Wow, that is amazing that it even has diopter adjustment. Been wanting to try VR.

I own both the HeadPlay and the FS Dominator HD V1 goggles.

The best resolution and image quality (IMHO) comes from the HP's.

This being said, I am eagerly awaiting my new Dominator V3's (non HD) that are designed to support the 16:9 aspect ratio of the P3 HDMI output.

The Dom HD V1's are pretty good, however the optics suffered from edge distortion. The 720p capability of the Dom V3 coupled with the 16:9 aspect ratio might be the correct balance of viewing experience and portability.

The Dom V3's have just now begun to ship to US customers. I expect mine laterthis week and will post my impressions when they are in hand.

The new Dom HD V2's are due in about 45 days....

:harry

Did you ever get your Dom v3? If so do you like the HP or FS Dom v3 better?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan