Hawk attack, close call

:confused: netherlands Dutch Holland it's all the same .
The netherlands is the name of the country. Holland is actualy just a part of a name. you got north Holland and south Holland they are different county's within the netherlands. Oh yeah and in the netherlands we speak Dutch ;) and yeah we got some crazy birds here all flying around in a gigantic cloud of herb smoke :D
I love when Holland is in the World Cup ... My favorite joke is to tell people my 3 favorite teams. Holland, The Netherlands, and the Dutch. It's great.

Reactions: bimmy
Seagulls are our worse enemies....sometimes i wish i could equip miniguns and kick their white A**....lolol

Just kidding!

I was filming my favorite local mountain this morning and I was about 2 miles out and about 1200 feet above my take off point. I was slowly moving up the ridge line when I saw a hawk fly by. It is common on this mountain, something I have seen several times. But then this one came back around into attack mode. I immediately thought of the video where the hawk takes out a drone causing it to crash and I decided to not take my chances and bring my P3P home!

Take a look

hardly a close call...

a little anti-climactic as it didn't seem like the hawk was going after you, he just appeared to be turning around or diving down for something else

either way, glad you didn't lose your bird, and you have some beautiful scenery out there

What the bird did was def a sign of aggression. When a bird flashes the underside it's a warning. It's showing you it means business by doing this and it wouldn't have allowed the quad to linger there much longer. Good work getting it out.

Here is an unedited version:

Watching it in real time I saw the hawk circle around and came straight for my Phantom very fast. I did a full up left stick to get out of its way, and to hopefully scare it with the sound. It dove down the second I went up. I know it doesn't look that close on the video, but keep in mind, with the P3 things are closer than they appear. It got my attention.

What the bird did was def a sign of aggression. When a bird flashes the underside it's a warning. It's showing you it means business by doing this and it wouldn't have allowed the quad to linger there much longer. Good work getting it out.

It might be different for hawks, but I have Turkey Vultures (much bigger and more aggressive birds) do that maneuver all the time, and they're usually just trying to get to something on the ground, or turn around to look at the quad.

We'll never know for sure what that hawk was doing :p

It might be different for hawks, but I have Turkey Vultures (much bigger and more aggressive birds) do that maneuver all the time, and they're usually just trying to get to something on the ground, or turn around to look at the quad.

We'll never know for sure what that hawk was doing :p
We'll never know. Of course there is always this..

And this:

I didn't want to share the same fate. Better safe than crashed high on some inaccessible cliff.

I was filming my favorite local mountain this morning and I was about 2 miles out and about 1200 feet above my take off point. I was slowly moving up the ridge line when I saw a hawk fly by. It is common on this mountain, something I have seen several times. But then this one came back around into attack mode. I immediately thought of the video where the hawk takes out a drone causing it to crash and I decided to not take my chances and bring my P3P home!

Take a look
:
SMART piloting on your part, kudos!

i had a seagull chase my drone at Dinosaur Caves Park in Pismo Beach, California this summer. it literally chased my P3 over land, and then it tried to hit it as i was hovering 12 feet over the ground trying to line up my landing. the pelicans couldn't care less, but the seagulls were sure interested in me.
They are pretty aggressive birds.

Seagulls would not leave my bird alone during yesterday's flight. They were flying and circling me. Never experienced this before.

The gulls help make the video interesting. Unlike hawks they seem less likely to actually hit it.

Reactions: Bigdz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl