Has Your P2V+ Problem/Defect Been Resolved?

Reaction score
There seems to be a variety of product problems reported on this Forum.

I'm curious if those with product problems.......not pilot error problems, and not problems understanding how to use the product........but either hardware or software or out of box failures or missing items or any other product related problem where you need something from DJI to correct the situation.

1. What is the problem?
2. Have you contacted DJI?
3. Has DJI addressed the issue and how, or are you waiting for them to do something?
4. Are you now happy or unhappy?
5. If you're happy, what seemed to work best to get the problem resolved?

My goal here is to be constructive and share the experiences and successes.

Hopefully we can all get our problems taken care of and be happy customers.

Gimbal Twitch,
Two calls to DJI, never a call back to me, even after 2 emails. Asked to send it back for investigation, however they were behind a week for repairs never mind travel time. I shipped back for refund and purchasing another. Lets see how this one does.
Fingers crossed

I have been in email contact with "Daniel" from DJI for two weeks regarding my gimbal which is not level. It takes 2-4 days for each send/reply cycle.

They have instructed me to try a few things, none of which worked.

I am now waiting to hear if they want it sent back for repair or if they are sending me a replacement gimbal/camera unit. I will keep you posted.

Well yes I had issues with my gimbal where it would shake, power off, and then power back up over and over again. i reported this to LA DJI and they said it was best to talk to china about a replacement since i was in the 10 day period.

2014-2-9 - I ordered the DJI Phantom 2 vision with extra battery
2014-4-24 - I received the original DJI Phantom 2 vision
2014-4-28 - 2014–4-30 – Sent email to [email protected] about the gimbal issues I was experiencing and was told to send the defective item to DJI USA LA, but was not provided with any type of shipment label or funds.
2014-4-30 – Sent request to DJI US LA for shipping label to return the defective unit back for replacement and was provided a UPS Ground Label which takes 6 business days to get from east coast to DJI LA on west coast. Proceeded to send the package of that same day via the provided label.
2014-5-6 – Called DJI US LA and asked to send me my replacement DJI Phantom 2 vision with extra battery and was informed that they do not send them out directly but that the new replacement would have to come from china. Was told that they would send and email and recommended that I also send a email requesting that the replacement DJI Phantom 2 vision with extra battery be sent out as soon as possible (this business day) so that I can get my replacement DJI Phantom 2 vision with extra battery ASAP.

I just sent that email out to DJI China. The annoying thing is so far they almost always reply back at like 6am as they are closing. So if they have a simple question is causes another days delay.

We will see if they send out the replacement today like DJI LA and I are asking. My next step is to dispute the paypal transaction i think if they dont send out the replacement.

Called dji LA to report bad charger. Waited 30min and finally got a human. He emailed me a rma for a replacement immediately. They pay shipping to you for the new part but you have to pay for shipping the defected item to them. Sucks.

1. What is the problem?
Faulty camera (sensor), in Large mode the camera shoots photo's with quite an amount of pixels missing in the top left and top right of the image.

2. Have you contacted DJI?
Yes, Daniel advised me.

3. Has DJI addressed the issue and how, or are you waiting for them to do something?
Advise was to return the P2V+ to my dealer and politely ask for a replacement.

4. Are you now happy or unhappy?
Unhappy; the dealer was not able to provide a replacement due to stock issues. Now my P2V+ hit the road with RMA procedure. This can take up to 6 weeks... On the bright side, hopefully the known Gimball alignment issue will be resolved as well.

5. If you're happy, what seemed to work best to get the problem resolved?
n.a.

My problem is the blank video streaming screen

I contacted both DJI Technical Support and DJI sales as well as PayPal since I purchased directly from DJI and paid with PayPal.

They've authorize a return for full credit, so I will ship my P2V+ back to the LA office tomorrow. I had my choice of replacement or refund. I chose refund.

They said they would issue a refund once the unit was returned

Assuming that happens, I'm happy

I think the email to DJI sales resulted in the return for refund.

1. What is the problem? Gimbal issues, garbled green screen/black screen in Vision app.
2. Have you contacted DJI? Yes, via email. No response in 2 weeks. I don't have time to sit on the phone for an hours wait time.
3. Has DJI addressed the issue and how, or are you waiting for them to do something? I tried requesting an RMA for refund through MotionRC. On Tuesday Matt told me the RMA was approved and I should have gotten an email and he said he would resend it. Never got the email so I called back and spoke to Todd. He said Matt was busy and would leave him a message that I never got the email. I called back yesterday and got Todd again, he said Matt was busy. I asked him if he could help and he looked up my account and told me Alpha would call me back. Alpha calls me back and tells me he has spoken to Dji and they don't think I have any issue with my Phantom at all and should re-calibrate.(Seems to be the solution for everything). I told him I was not the only one with issues and he said they would need a cellphone video of my issues before they will do anything because he does not believe I have an issue and if they didn't require proof anyone could just return their Phantom. He said he would speak to Dji again and get back to me. Of course no call back. I paid with Debit so I have no recourse and am stuck with a defective unit. I knew I should have waited for Amazon to get stock as they always take care of the customer. Maybe when spares are available I can try replacing some parts to see if it fixes my issues.
4. Are you now happy or unhappy? Unhappy. I think its a great product and if they can get the bugs worked out and improve the customer support they will have a huge hit. You can call Horizon Hobby, press a button for call back, hang up then go about your business. Within the hour at most your phone will ring and and human will speak to you and take care of you. Every time I have called they sent parts next day to fix the issue.
5. If you're happy, what seemed to work best to get the problem resolved? N.A.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan